Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. I found a 2004 Element LX that supposedly has 44,000 original miles, 1 owner, owned by a senior citizen in a community that mostly used golf carts.
The community was in the Key West area though. Owner says zero rust and no issues though.

If everything checks out, how much is a reasonable price for an E with such low miles? The Kelly Blue book on it is very low. Is that reasonable or is the actual value higher for these low miles Elements? (they are asking a lot more than bluebook value)

Does low miles from such an early model year hurt since it wasn't driven much?

Anything else specific I should check for?

Would love to get a super low mileage like this that can last for years and I've never seen one this low.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
736 Posts
The Plus Side: 44K miles and a FL car it's whole life.

The Minus Side: Just that it is an LX model, which means it's going to be missing some factory accessories (like an EX model would have).

My Price Guess: In the $10,000 to $11,000 range.

Most important is: Do you like it? Are you pleased with the color combo and so forth?

Let us know if you end up buying it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I bought my 2005 EX AWD last Juwith 38,000 miles for $10,900, well above any used price index. I couldn’t believe the shape it was in (all accessories in unopened bags, interior info tags still hanging, and seats looked like nobody ever sat in them) and as most of us are with car purchases, it became an emotional thing, particularly for me because it was an exact match to my previous E.

1. Check the VIN and service history. Maybe it was “hardly driven” but that could also mean “hardly serviced”.
2. Check the underneath. Just because it was a Florida car doesn’t mean than it doesn’t have corrosion. Anywhere in FL near the beach (as all of Key West is) will have cars with salt corrosion just by being there.
Overall, as te1966 days, may be worth a little less because LX.
Let us know how it turns out and would love to see some pics.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much guys! Checked it out yesterday. Had to pass. There were a lot of small red flags that made me pass on it. No real history at all. Came from an auction. The interior was blue but the exterior trim was black (seemed weird). Had lost of cosmetic issues, noises when driving etc. The low miles felt very fishy. But thanks so much for the info! The hunt for a low miles E continues

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,421 Posts
Glad you passed on it, sounds like it was not true to the ad. Too many times "we" get emotionally attached and end up buying a money pit. There are others out there..... :)
Good luck in your search!! (y)

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
736 Posts
Thanks so much guys! Checked it out yesterday. Had to pass. There were a lot of small red flags that made me pass on it. No real history at all. Came from an auction. The interior was blue but the exterior trim was black (seemed weird). Had lost of cosmetic issues, noises when driving etc. The low miles felt very fishy. But thanks so much for the info! The hunt for a low miles E continues
You did the right thing. If it's not what you want, or if something is bogus, move on and keep searching! The right deal for you is out there somewhere! :)

But, I have seen several as you described; typically Silver with Black side panels on the on the outside; but with Blue accents on the inside. Why Honda made them that way is anyone's guess! But I have seen too many like that to think that someone swapped around some parts each time.

I really like the versions with Silver and Blue side panels on the outside. Every one of those I've seen also had the Blue accents inside.

·
Registered
2010 EX AWD Omni Blue
309 Posts
I found that the more Elements you look at the better deal you will find. I really enjoyed shopping for an Element... if you have time one with low mileage may pop up just around the corner. Best of luck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not trying to brag, but I bought my 2005 LX with 120K for $2000 (private sale). Ran well, but needed some maintenance. Currently getting 22 MPG.

Two weeks later, bought a 2007 EX with 88K for $8000 (dealer sale).

Both sales were in Idaho. Look around, prices will dictate "reasonable" in your area.

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
273 Posts
You did the right thing. If it's not what you want, or if something is bogus, move on and keep searching! The right deal for you is out there somewhere! :)

But, I have seen several as you described; typically Silver with Black side panels on the on the outside; but with Blue accents on the inside. Why Honda made them that way is anyone's guess! But I have seen too many like that to think that someone swapped around some parts each time.

I really like the versions with Silver and Blue side panels on the outside. Every one of those I've seen also had the Blue accents inside.
The original silvers had the dark grey panels with blue trim on the interiors, they didn’t do the blue exterior panels until a couple years in (I especially like the red with black combo from around ‘05).
If I recall correctly, in 2003:
—all had the same exterior panels, with the EX panels finished a bit differently, but not different panel colors based on body color.
—Blue and Silver had the light gray with blue trim interior
—GG had the light gray with green trim interior (my little box)
—the rest had the black interior with grey trim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts