Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two ideas from the Honda X which didn't make the production Element are being copied in the new Envoy XUV from GMC.

One - will have a motorized rear top (though it's not a sunroof) that opens up the rear like a pickup truck.

Two - it's back part where the rear top opens will be able to be washed with a hose (their ad talks about special drainage holes.)

I'm not posting to have a discussion about why people should trade in their Elements, besides the GMC is way more money and gets bad gas mileage.

I just thought it was interesting to see a car company "borrow" Honda's ideas.

:wink:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Having recently owned a GMC vehicle, I can tell you first hand they have some serious quality issues.

My neighbor has a Yukon Denali and it's giving him fits... I'm driving him home from the dealership when we drop it off tomorrow morning.. Seems like the 5th time in 3 months...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Don't know if I'd say GM copied that idea -- I saw a preview spread for that vehicle BEFORE the E concept vehicle came out. Sometimes great minds truly do think alike.

Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
[quote:2eef21d06b="petelement"]Two ideas from the Honda X which didn't make the production Element are being copied in the new Envoy XUV from GMC.

One - will have a motorized rear top (though it's not a sunroof) that opens up the rear like a pickup truck.[/quote:2eef21d06b]

Think GMC had it before Honda back with the 70's GMC Vista Cruiser. Only difference now is it's motorized and more utilitarian.

·
Registered
106 Posts
it goes even further back, some '60s wagons had it, Studebaker was one.

Typical GM, spending time on gimmicks instead of on quality construction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts