Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sat for 3 years ,now the brakes are heating up and locking and will not move .Kind of feel like riding the brakes.Please help

·
Registered
438 Posts
Welcome G,D,Hoff. Sorry to hear about the brakes issue. Leaving a car parked for a long period of time is ALWAYS bad for the car. : - (

You will probably at least need to disassemble the brakes to clean up any rust build up. It's also possible the caliper pistons and slides are also stuck.

Not a deal breaker, but it's always good to make sure everything in the brake system is functioning properly anyway, to insure your safety.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ty te1966 , it was gifted to me from dad and mom. I have had several issues so far, but fixing them as I find them.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
What a great gift. Brakes tend to "hang up" when a car sits for long periods, It's probably better for you to pull them apart to check and clean them anyway.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
In olden days, before Disc brakes, the brake shoes would "bond" to the brake drums when a car sat for extended periods of time. What a pain it was to remove them when that happened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
zenbuilder
Honda Element Owners Club
Element Owners Club is your go to forum community to discuss your Honda Element, and get ideas from your next great trip to your next Honda Element Mod.
Full Forum Listing