Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just called and spoke to Honda customer service (1-800-33-Honda) - asked that they send me a 2004 Element brochure - told that the Element would not be available through the dealers until Dec. 9 - and that the brochure won't be sent out until that date

what's up with this -- ??

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
...are Honda salespeople that uninformed?

I have a 2004 brochure in my hand, which is making it very difficult to type. :mrgreen:

This was given to me by a salesman yesterday. But this same salesman first said that 5-speed E's were simply not available, which I questioned, he then said "DX only" to which I responded "Try again." [grumble]

One reason that E's are moving so poorly is because there is either no interest by Honda in selling them, or they have not bothered to educate their first-line customer service staff (i.e., the salespeople!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's funny. I just had a dealer offer me a 2004 because they didn't have what I wanted. I guess they didn't mention how long it would be. Dealers. They're funny.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Brochures are definitely out, but NO dealer has been allocated 2004 models yet. Our next move (allocation/ordering) will be sometime this week, and IF we are allocated 2004 models, I am anticipating the earliest the build dates could be is middle to end of November. So, if the build dates are near the end of November, the 2004 models wouldn't hit the dealer lots until first or second week of Decemeber. So, the December 9th date quoted, is probably quite realistic.

As for new changes, they will be minor. It does look like Honda will offer the passenger side armrest as standard equipment. I don't have pricing updates yet, but it is completely possible that there will not be an increase or a very slight increase. In my opinion, it is highly unlikely that Honda will raise the price $700-$800. I haven't tried ordering one yet, but it looks to me like the DX model will be offered again for 2004. Look at the brochure and see all the different equipment packages on the DX vs EX. Honda has begun offering discounted packages for AC/Alloys and Audio kits to help increase DX sales. By packaging these items together, it should help the dealers to pass the savings on to the customers who don't want the fully loaded EX models.

Finally, I'm not so sure Honda is pushing the panic button on the Elements. The average days supply for the Elements is still well below average and Elements are still considered "fast" movers by all the dealers I know. One thing to keep in mind is that salespeople in general, if they don't know the answer, will sometimes try and come up with what you would like to hear :roll: I realize this is shocking for many, but it's an unfortunate truth to this business. It is certainly frowned upon at our dealership, because we (or most of us) know that Honda customers are some of the most educated buyers you will ever meet. Not only is it bad business, but it isn't going to fly with Honda customers. Billy Bob ******* might be able to make it through life this way at the local Dodge store, but Honda customers will eat him alive. I love this about Honda customers, because they are loyal, educated and to the point. They know what they want, how much they want to pay and don't have to be convinced they are getting a good vehicle. Pretty simple. Anyway, enough ranting. Stupid salespeople should be avoided. Just ask for someone else if you really feel the necessity to buy from that particular dealer. Better yet, report the idiot to the GM so he/she can get some training or get to another brand.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Interesting, and thank you very much for the input.

I suspect that the differences in product demand are regional. St. Louis is a very conservative market, and the E is, well, sort of "out there". Great market for Accords, though!

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Someone isn't telling the truth...and only time will tell. When dealer couldn't find what I wanted in an 03, he accepted my order on an 04 three weeks ago and called following Friday to say the order had been submitted with his allocation that day :? . Build date has not been provided but we were told to expect a mid to late Oct delivery...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Let me know your area/location and I would be glad to pull a locate and confirm whether or not your E is actually on-order. I'll also need the exact model and color you ordered.

I would be highly surprised if your 2004 Element rolled in by October though. I will see if Honda offers any 2004 models in our next allocation, which will be in the next few days.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Over a week ago we went to Sheehy Honda in Alexandria VA and were told they have ordered a 2004 EX AWD automatic with side air bags in Fiji Blue and are expecting delivery in Oct. That sounded good to me since it is exactly what I am looking for. Do you really think I will have to wait until December to see this Element?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I just called 1-800-33-Honda and they said the release date for the '04 Element is December 9th and the brochures will not be available until the end Of November!

Can I get the number for a dealership that has the '04 brochure???

Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Picked up 3 at my dealer yesterday. (800-359-1674) Salesmans name is Tony Williams. Southwest Honda of Amarillo Tx.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
My '04 Element brochure's in the mail! ! ! I called Southwest Honda in Texas, 800-359-1674, and she put one in the mail for me! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
THANKS JOENUCLEAR! ! ! ! ! AND SOUTHWEST HONDA! ! ! ! ! ! !

·
Registered
204 Posts
I stopped by a nearby Honda dealer last weekend and picked up a couple of brochures. They had tons.

No information about the release date of the '04's though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
FYI--Honda is still building 03's. I committed today on purchase of EX AWD Auto w/side airbags. Dealer is doing an internet trade for a vehicle with a build date of 10/5.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dealer called and said expected delivery date would not be met.....expect " November "

Wonder when truth will come?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just wanted to update everyone on the 2004 production of the Elements. My understanding is that we were able to order 2004 models with our last allocation. I haven't seen build dates yet, but hope to see that in the next weeks. I will keep everyone informed as soon as I know more.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Called Pflueger Honda in Honolulu today, they said they expect their shipment late Dec./early January. Brochures are out, and are sadly similar to last years.(except for some cool stickers) Looks like it's going to be a long wait for me! :roll:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Called Pflueger Honda in Honolulu today, they said they expect their shipment late Dec./early January. Brochures are out, and are sadly similar to last years.(except for some cool stickers) Looks like it's going to be a long wait for me! :roll:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I really can't comment about the '04s but as far as '03s, my dealer (Garcia Honda of Albuquerque) just got a couple of new '03s in and they are selling well. I have had my GGM 2wd EXS 5sp for almost two weeks now and my salesperson tells me they just sold four other ones in the past week. He claims that the '04s don't come out until December because when the E was released they came out in December. I don't know, but FYI my dealer has been very good to me thus far.

·
Registered
36 Posts
dealer told me today my 04 is on the build line and I should expect delivery before 10 November...
We discussed fact that I ordered keyless entry as an option and it is now std equipment.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts