Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased a used diesel pusher RV, and want to tow my 2005 Element EX with automatic transmission and Realtime 4WD. I am considering buying the Blue OX products, (towbar and towplate) to tow the Element. Has anyone had any experience towing an Element like this? The owners manual says it can be towed flat, but I have heard others that say no.

Thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
19 Posts
E as T(oad)

i put a blue ox kit on the 2005 E to tow behind my 1972 International Loadstar 1700 schoolbus on the way to music festivals.

It came in VERY handy as we headed off to Bonnaroo (my 16 yr old daughter and 3 boys of same age) a few years ago. The brake booster went up on me... i through the kids in the E and they were on their way.

Parts got overnighted fron Kansas City and then I was on my way.

I'll say this: cover your hood so you dont get dings, and drain/fill the tranny regularly, i think they say every 30k.

Ive sold the bus but put an ursa minor camper on first.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have a Roadmaster setup on my 03 5 speed awd. I've pulled it about 20K miles behind a class A and a class C. no problems (Mechanical) but I had a strange problem this summer. I turn the key on to free the front wheels so they follow the motorhome in turning. For some reason that drained the battery on my last trip. Really dead, I couldn't even jump it pulling it behind the RV. Ended up putting a kill switch on the ground strap and that ended that issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts