Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new here and I wondering if anyone could answer my question...
I have a 2005 Element with 89K... I notice when i sitting at a light or stopped with the engine running, I notice dinging noise...I makes a dadada sound then stop for about two seconds and does it again. I looked under the hood with it running it sounds like its coming from the backside of the engine behind the belt...Any help would be appreciated thanks!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
at a stop try turning your AC on and off or turning your steering wheel. See if the noise acts up then. If it does, it could be your serpentine belt tensioner/pulley. My E was making that noise at a stop in cooler temps or when accessories were running. It was the pulley/tensioner that was replaced.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mine did too. But when I took it to the dealership, it was a gaurantee that it would act up when accessories were turned on. I first noticed it with the cooler temps which makes sense, it rev'd higher and heard the rattling

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mine every once and awhile does something like that, my best idea thus far is a heat shield is moving or loose. It could be inside a the tranny too, it only seems to do it in gear and its not A/C P/S or clutch since i have an auto.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts