Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi all, my first post.

i'm looking into purchasing a pre-owned E, and after 2 weeks of lurking this forum, i finally decided to join in on the fun! i thought about it long and hard in getting the '05 EX model, however, after running into the following post...

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=772494#post772494

... i'm having some doubts about the '05 model, and now have considered the '06 model also. so i figured i would ask all the "E"xperts, and see what your experience is like with the '05 and '06 model. thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I can't say about direct experience with an '05 Element but the '05 Pilot was a real pain in a lot of ways. Honda decided to change a LOT of things internally that year which they immediately decided not to keep with the following years. The posts in here and looking at aftermarket parts (and associated headaches) makes me think that the Element had the same changes.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
get the 06. interior change was nice for the meters. and everything is still close enough to the original (03-05) so that you can use those parts.

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
The interior change didn't happen untill 2007.

The only difference between 2005 and 2006 was colour options and the addition of the EX-P model (painted panels) different alloy wheels and steering wheel-mounted audio controls for 2006.

·
Registered
689 Posts
The 03-05 years were basically the same, except for some cosmetic changes...
2006, the EX-P came out (body colored panels), but the interior was the same as 2003-05...10 horsies were added in 2006 as well and Vehicle Stability Control was added as well in 2006.
2007-2008 have the new style gauges and updated backlighting to the gauges were added to the E. Curtain airbags were also made into a standard option in 2007 as well. Note: the SC was first introduced in 2007.
2009- the most dramatic cosmetic change; with new backlighting to the gauges and a new overhead compartment and an ice-box for the EX models.

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
The 03-05 years were basically the same, except for some cosmetic changes...
2006, the EX-P came out (body colored panels), but the interior was the same as 2003-05...10 horsies were added in 2006 as well and Vehicle Stability Control was added as well in 2006.
2007-2008 have the new style gauges and updated backlighting to the gauges were added to the E. Curtain airbags were also made into a standard option in 2007 as well. Note: the SC was first introduced in 2007.
2009- the most dramatic cosmetic change; with new backlighting to the gauges and a new overhead compartment and an ice-box for the EX models.
The horsepower bump and VSA were added for the 2007 model year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you all again for the response.

though just to clarify, the main difference between the 05 and 06 are pretty much just cosmetic adjustments? as far as hardware (brakes, windshields, heater, radio, seatbelts, etc), performance, and reliability, it stayed mainly similar?

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
thank you all again for the response.

though just to clarify, the main difference between the 05 and 06 are pretty much just cosmetic adjustments? as far as hardware (brakes, windshields, heater, radio, seatbelts, etc), performance, and reliability, it stayed mainly similar?

Thats correct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts