Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is not a Studio E, but Honda's to be.. not sure if you all spotted on Edmunds the info on future vehicles for Hondas...

I have heard some info here and there on this board, but wished to post some info here,.. forgive me if this is the wrong place.. perhaps we could have a new spot for Honda's up & coming vehicles??

2004 Honda Accord Midsize Sedan
Available: Fall 2004
What We Know: At this year's North American International Auto Show, Honda made the surprise announcement that it would begin selling a hybrid version of its best-selling Accord sedan this fall. Similar in design to the system used in the Civic and Insight hybrids, the Accord's hybrid drivetrain will be the first Honda to incorporate a V6 into its hybrid drive system. Honda claims that not only will the Accord Hybrid get exceptional mileage, it will perform as good or better than the standard Accord V6.

Mechanical Features
Engine
3.0L displacement V6 cylinder configuration
gas/electric hybrid engine

Comfort and Convenience Features
Front Seats
5 person total seating capacity

2006 Honda Fit Compact Coupe/Hatchback
Available: Fall 2005
What We Know: Honda has unofficially announced that it will begin selling a smaller, less expensive model below the current Civic. Designed to go head-to-head with the likes of the Scion xA and other sub-$15,000 compacts, Honda's new model is likely to be a version of the Fit hatchback currently sold in Japan.

2006 Honda SUT Large Truck
Available: 2005
What We Know: Shown as a concept at the 2004 Detroit Auto Show, this half truck-half SUV combination is close to getting the green light for production. As Honda's first shot at a pickup, its success would be crucial to Honda's future in the truck business. Built on the same platform that underpins the Pilot, the SUT will likely use the same V6 power plant and VTM four-wheel-drive system. Look for a full production version to debut sometime next year.

Mechanical Features
DriveTrain
all wheel drive
Suspension
four-wheel independent suspension
Exterior Features
Roof and Glass
fixed glass sunroof

Safety Features and Ratings
Safety
4-wheel ABS traction control
stability control dual front side-mounted airbags
passenger airbag occupant sensing deactivation front seatbelt pretensioners

Entertainment and Telematics
Telematics
DVD navigation system

Changes for Odyssey, but nothing specific stated yet.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i found it interesting the SUT is a 2006 model not a 2005.. i thought it was going to be a 2005.. but just that it will be released (maybe) late 2005 for the 2006 year.. i can not wait.. that might be my hubbies new vehicle.. dunno.. maybe.. otherwise it will be the accord hybrid!

I love the look of the SUT, gorgeous!!!!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote:260736b4cd=" "]what is that???? what are the blue things??? is that still are car...? :?: :?: :p[/quote:260736b4cd]

Are or our?? I guess you meant Our car, right?? Just want to make sure.. and no that is a new vehicle Honda is bringing out.. in 2006! The SUT it is a truck SUV.. totally completely new!

The blue nobs are the climate control.. and the bigger blue thing is i believe a like a command center with your stereo, likely navigation etc..

the other blue nob to the left of the steering is your lights.. and the big round one in the center is your mph, the left is the gas guage, to the right is your cooling etc.. and in the center of the mph is your trip & outside temp. really really neat!

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
>i found it interesting the SUT is a 2006 model not a 2005.

Discounting some of the "show car" features that won't make it to dealer showrooms, the projected price strata of the SUT (>$30K) still makes me scratch my head about its appropriateness on a Honda sales lot. I mean, you can't talk about a <$15K Fit and the SUT in the same breath and expect them both to be appealing to who you attract under your branding. (Frankly? I like the Fit enough to possibly be our next car purchase.)

There's something behind this - the Odyssey was originally a sales turkey because at first it was so expensive relative to the competition. The 2nd-gen Odyssey moderated the price and the dealers were finally able to move a few.

OTOH there's the S2000... :?

Since the SUT is projected as being another model year away I continue to think it's going to hit as an Acura, at least at first.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote:0c16844ca0=" "]Since the SUT is projected as being another model year away I continue to think it's going to hit as an Acura, at least at first.[/quote:0c16844ca0]
either way it is a Honda and it is cool.. i can not wait!! (I agree 30K price tag is gasp.. yikes.. but ooh what a neat vehicle!!)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote:64cc830bb8=" "]I can't remember where I read it, but production of the SUT is supposed to start in December of this year and it will be available in March '05.[/quote:64cc830bb8]

that will be cool.. i was referring to the info on Edmunds which states Dec 05 for production and the SUT is an '06.. just a manner of months and we will know for sure!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
This thing reminds me of the Brat, only bigger and uglier. No chairs in the back for shooting down TIE fighters, either.

Nice try, but no cigar - but at least we know where the E's front sunroof went - it migrated to the SUT!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Those Sun/ Moon roofs would look good on my E !!

·
Registered
724 Posts
I don't understand, how is this different from the Ridgeline? I mean there are clearly some exterior and interior differences, but I don't see how this is different. Someone want to bring me up to date please?

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
z(+)diac said:
I don't understand, how is this different from the Ridgeline? I mean there are clearly some exterior and interior differences, but I don't see how this is different. Someone want to bring me up to date please?
Ok, it's now November 2005 and the original post was started June of 2004. That IS the Ridgeline, the concept shown was originally called the "SUT".

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hey, I was just checking the specs on the rotary...girder, ooon the inline verter...I'm an idiot..I'm retarded...

It's friday, give me a break.

Note: I'm still at work for two hours :mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts