Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my stock 2005 head unit with Radio, CD, Auxiliary capabilities took a dump on me. One day while using the auxiliary, the unit switched from my auxiliary music to a CD that it was holding. Then the CD plays for a few minutes and switches back to what I had been playing on the auxiliary. I have no control switching between the CD,Radio, or Auxiliary when this happens. The problem is persistent and using the head unit as a whole is useless.

Has anyone had this issue? Do I need to buy a used stock head unit and simply replace it?

If I do need a new head unit, does the new unit need to be purchased with its own special code (code entered when car loses battery)? Or does the code stay the same as my original code? Which, I still have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
498 Posts
If you get a used Honda radio get the VIN from the vehicle it was pulled from so you can look up the unlock code online at the Honda radio code web site.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's probably your AUX jack. When the radio detects something is plugged into the AUX jack, it automatically switches over to AUX input. If there is no cable plugged into the AUX jack, or if it thinks there is nothing plugged in, it won't let you select it auxiliary on the head unit. I think your AUX jack is going bad. You can buy a replacement online.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I probably have the 2005 head unit I pulled from m element. If I do have it, and if you pay shipping, you can have it.
The security code is part of the radio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts