Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just checking in. I love my E's (on second one)...have a good local mechanic (better him than me) and am wondering if anyone's heard about Honda coming back with a new Element at any point. During the pandemic, I'm reluctant to look at newer cars as this one is winding down, since the landscape of fossil fuel and how we live going forward is in question. My ride is in great cosmetic condition inside and out, and I'm about to take it in for a "physical" to determine if under-carriage rust/wear/structure is sufficient to keep this vehicle on the road for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
826 Posts
Hi all. Just checking in. I love my E's (on second one)...have a good local mechanic (better him than me) and am wondering if anyone's heard about Honda coming back with a new Element at any point. During the pandemic, I'm reluctant to look at newer cars as this one is winding down, since the landscape of fossil fuel and how we live going forward is in question. My ride is in great cosmetic condition inside and out, and I'm about to take it in for a "physical" to determine if under-carriage rust/wear/structure is sufficient to keep this vehicle on the road for the foreseeable future.
Hello Dave. Having that local trustworthy mechanic is priceless. Even the most trusted local shop around here has been questionable a few times on the repairs that I can't or won't do myself. I still haven't taken my Element to them! I have owned it almost 2 years and 25K miles, and have done everything in the way of repairs and maintenance myself, except for balancing my new tires. (I even mounted the tires myself!)

Don't hold your breath on a new Element. These teaser articles keep popping up on this site; but that's all they are: Teasers! Honda is selling way to many CRV's these days for them to take another chance with a new Element. So keep the one you have maintained and in great shape! Repairs on a very durable used car will still cost way less than payments on a new car.

As to fossil fuel concerns, any phasing out would be very slow and gradual; if indeed it is phased out at all! The oil industry and most of the US congress are stilled joined at the hip. It's a pretty sure bet that 10 years from now you'll still be able to pull your Element up to a gas pump and fill 'er up! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts