Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, is this something I can do myself with the kit? Or would it be best to take in to the shop. I'm good at instructions and have a full set of sockets etc.

TIA

·
Registered
2004 Honda Element EX
2 Posts
I bought my 2004 in October and had the rocking seat issue. I found the threads on replacing the bushings, but I found all of the bolts loose on mine. Tightening the bolts fixed it without any parts.

I had to remove the seats to fix a rust hole in the passenger floor. Some of the bolts were hard to get to, but I managed to tighten them all with normal wrenches. Be sure to unhook the battery if unhooking the wires under the seats.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I bought my 2004 in October and had the rocking seat issue. I found the threads on replacing the bushings, but I found all of the bolts loose on mine. Tightening the bolts fixed it without any parts.

I had to remove the seats to fix a rust hole in the passenger floor. Some of the bolts were hard to get to, but I managed to tighten them all with normal wrenches. Be sure to unhook the battery if unhooking the wires under the seats.
Try this first, mine were all loose as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
I didn’t need all the parts but replaced them anyway. That thread helped a lot. That seat was annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts