Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my first Element and have a question about finding a replacement front seat frame (in subject line).

The seat currently rocks slightly back and forth. I'm tempted to lock it into one position but thought I would reach out to see whether I might be able to locate a replacement - new I have been estimated at close to $2000 to have it shipped from Honda Parts Guys to Wisconsin. Of course, this doesn't include my Honda mechanic's time to install it.

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions. Dare I suggest - salvage?

I appreciate this club and look forward to GO ELEMENTAL.

KEITH

·
Registered
823 Posts
I believe there is a part that you can buy to repair the slight rocking in the seat frame, I will search and see if I can find some older threads regarding this issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe there is a part that you can buy to repair the slight rocking in the seat frame, I will search and see if I can find some older threads regarding this issue
That would be awesome. I love the Element as so does my family. We parted ways with our minivan now that the kids are older - dad wanted to go with something a little more fun and unusual (kid at heart) - it complements our 2004 CR-V.

Please let me know if there is anything like what you are describing that can be a fix vs replacing the entire assembly. There is just enough play in it to be noticeable.

So do you or others in the club have the tendency to give your Element (or cars that are meaningful) nicknames?
Our family's 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 two-door hardtop has always been called MAGGIE.

I gave our CR-V the name 'Eleanor' as we ended up having 3 boys ;)

I was going somewhere the other day in the Element and in became apparent that 'Roosevelt' was just the right name to make our happy couple of cars ;)

I'm toying around with emblems to discreetly place on the driver's side door (most likely).

I hope to hear back from you soon. I have my Honda-pro mechanic giving the Element the official once over since we brought him home.

Keith

Attachments

·
Registered
989 Posts
I recently purchased my first Element and have a question about finding a replacement front seat frame (in subject line).

The seat currently rocks slightly back and forth. I'm tempted to lock it into one position but thought I would reach out to see whether I might be able to locate a replacement - new I have been estimated at close to $2000 to have it shipped from Honda Parts Guys to Wisconsin. Of course, this doesn't include my Honda mechanic's time to install it.

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions. Dare I suggest - salvage?

I appreciate this club and look forward to GO ELEMENTAL.

KEITH
Simply pull off the plastic trim and tighten the bolts down by hand. Try this first, as they are known to loosen over time. This has worked for me and others on this forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Simply pull off the plastic trim and tighten the bolts down by hand. Try this first, as they are known to loosen over time. This has worked for me and others on this forum.
I love your thinking and suggestion. I'd love a quick fix for the time being as I vowed to stick to a budget when I bought our Element. I/we are very happy with it but always want to heed on the side of safety for all.

I love being a part of this club.

QUESTION: Can anyone suggest a cheap outlet to purchase the roof rack cross bars? Ultimately I do want to also add the rack as well for luggage etc. No surfboards here in Sheboygan Wisconsin but if you're not aware there is an annual fresh water surfing competition right here in September on Lake Michigan! The lake is our oceanside pleasure ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts