Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 2006 Element EX-P with 72,000 miles for sale. It has new tires, front brakes and looks to be in pretty good shape in the photos. He is asking $15,900 but it isn't selling. I looked up KBB and came up with a value around $15,000. I sent him an e-mail saying that I wouldn't even go look at it unless the price was near KBB value. He responded a week later saying the lowest he would take would be $15,000. Is this a fair price for this Element?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
E's seem to vary from area to area. I have noticed a drop in prices over the past few months here in LA. For $15k you can get an 07/08 SC. I mention that since 07's and up come with a 5 speed trans, added safety features and the SC has the more desirable suspension, wheels and body kit.

And about KBB, its way off for what an E will sell for used. Ive seen salvaged E's sell for more than KBB here in LA. Ive no real clue where KBB bases its prices on.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Something to consider.....

If I were going to pay $15K for a 2006 EX I would consider paying a bit more for a 2007-2008 with less milage. I bought my 2008 EX-P with 26,500 miles in October 2010 for about $18K from a honda dealer and because it was certified I got them to throw in the 100k extended warranty. In 2007 they increased 10 HP and the A/T went to a 5 speed automatic instead of 4. I have seen 5 mpg better on the hiway over my 2003 EX and about 2-3 mpg around town. The ride is also much nicer and the satellite radio has the controls on the wheel. If you can find a 2007 or newer test drive one of them also before you make your choice, I did and the decision for me to buy 2007 or newer was easier to make after I did.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought my 2005 with only 16500 miles on it for $15,000. I think for the amount of mile on that one it is TOO much. I would find a newer model.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just got back into an element last week. Didn't even have a chance to post yet. I bought an 06 exp 66k miles. 12.9 out the door

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Are these AWD or just front wheel drive models? I looked on cars.com and found $15K is the going rate within 500 miles of Des Moines, Iowa for a Honda Element with 72k on it.:?
Dont be hesitant to look outside of your area. For example, an 800 mile round trip netted my 07 SC for $8400 which was less than half the going price here in LA. It cost me about $25 for a greyhound bus ticket to go pick the E up and I was back home in less than 24 hours.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I keep getting propaganda from Honda dealers claiming my E is worth $13,000 to them. I am reasonably sure that's a lie, and if I were buying an '06, I wouldn't pay more than about $13,000 for it.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Are these AWD or just front wheel drive models? I looked on cars.com and found $15K is the going rate within 500 miles of Des Moines, Iowa for a Honda Element with 72k on it.:?
IDK. Since I was not shopping ,I haven't put much attention to the specifics. anyway, I don't think 4wd vs 2wd would offset the price THAT much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I too scoured the region for a manual Element and preferred the EX-P. It took me a couple of months to find one with acceptable mileage. 15k is pretty much what you'll be looking at, particularly from a dealer. I found one for 11.3k ('06 EX-P) but it was less than perfect. Very good, but not perfect. You just have to be patient.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts