Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using bungie cords to hold my rear seats in the Fold - Up position, but I'm tired of replacing bungie.

I haven't had time to make it into a dealer, and describing the strap to the parts guys on the phone, is getting me nowhere.

Is there a factory hook that attaches to the strap, and thus the handrail, or is this a D.I.Y. Home Depot mod - and if so can you please tell me which hooks you recommend?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys,

I looked closer and see the slip pockets on the seats but no hardware. I looked at an online owners manual and did not see that illustration.

I'll print it out and take it to the dealer because I've spoken to yet a 3rd on who doesn't have a clue.

Edit: Found a guy who knows - You can't buy the clip separately... have to purchase the entire Strap Kit for $61.95 ea. - Looks like I'm off to REI or Home Depot to find a solution.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks guys,

I looked closer and see the slip pockets on the seats but no hardware. I looked at an online owners manual and did not see that illustration.

I'll print it out and take it to the dealer because I've spoken to yet a 3rd on who doesn't have a clue.

Edit: Found a guy who knows - You can't buy the clip separately... have to purchase the entire Strap Kit for $61.95 ea. - Looks like I'm off to REI or Home Depot to find a solution.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for supporting REI - Im sure there are many of us on here who appreciate a fine retail co-op like REI!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts