Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for an element - but been searching for automatics, not sure if I can get the finance to go for the Manual - - Thoughts - suggestions - do's and dont's with the Manual transmission - -

the price is great from what I've found out there...

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Don't even think about it- the manuals have quite a bit of spunk for a box and are so much more fun to drive!

I've owned 3 Es- the first was auto and the rest have been manual and I'd never purchase anything else.

Your fiance can always learn to drive it . . . or not, if you prefer :evil: :razz:

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Outstanding price for that E !!

Almost too good. Be sure to get a Carfax on it before you put down any money!

I like the standard shift as well. Mine and the wife's E's are automatic. It was impossible to find a standard shift in this area. They did have one LX, but nothing in the EX. We wanted the EX with 4 wheel drive package.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Dom

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Own both a stick and an auto.

5 speed stick has way more get up and go.

My wife hasn't been able to drive her E with the auto for several months (CAST on foot) and I still drive mine almost all the time because the auto isn't any fun.

BTW- don't trust a CARFAX to reveal all accidents- look the vehicle over - every inch damage under $3000 is not shown by these type of record checks-trust me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Love the manual transmission. It is fun to drive.:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
went for the 08

I passed on the 06 Auto - and went with the 08 - - airbag upgrade, auto, stereo, etc... but I'm happy with it - -

1 - 7 of 7 Posts