Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
All stock
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2WD Element transmission that I bought recently to assist in rebuilding my own Element transmission. It turned out I did not need this so I want to sell it on. It has been bench tested and shifts fine however, it needs a new input shaft bearing (see photos) and output shaft oil seals. I installed a new input shaft oil seal and the mating surfaces are cleaned of residual Honda Bond. Comes generally complete except for the transfer case cover plate, clutch fork, fork boot and release bearing.
Being sold partially disassembled, ready to rebuild. I don't know how many kms are on the transmission but it may be assumed over 300,000.
Asking $280 CDN or best offer. Located in Toronto, Ontario. Local pickup only.
If you see this ad, the transmission is still for sale. Please send a message if you have any questions.
Bicycle part Auto part Art Automotive wheel system Metal
Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Automotive wheel system Watch
Automotive tire Alloy wheel Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Font Rim Automotive wheel system
Auto part Gas Metal Antique Machine
Product Automotive tire Material property Tool Plastic

Helmet Personal protective equipment Font Art Machine

·
Premium Member
2004 Element EX-S AWD 6MT = “Zippy”
470 Posts
And it came from a GGM too?? :LOL: (y)

Nice looking trans, good luck with the sale!!

Brad

·
Registered
All stock
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey. Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't know what you mean by "GGM" (I see two instances in your footer). Is it a paint colour code for an E or is it a chassis code like EP3 (a Civic)? I just copied the title and ad description verbatim from the other venues (FB, Kijiji, eBay, etc.) so yeah, it may be redundant to say "Honda Element" in this forum. Maybe I should just say "2006 Thing" for sale.

·
Premium Member
2004 Element EX-S AWD 6MT = “Zippy”
470 Posts
Ahh, yes... forgive my assumption... GGM is a paint abbreviation... Galapagos Green Metallic...
In your second picture, I can see the VIN tag which is painted to match the original vehicle... I believe that tag is GGM...
And yes, I do have two GGM Elements... and also quite the affection for most all things manually shifted... 🤷‍♂️

Good luck with the sale!
Brad

·
Registered
All stock
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is cool. I know that the real paint code (an alpha-numeric code) is on a manufacturer label in the front-rear door edge and logically coded into the VIN but I did not know until recently that Hondas have VIN labels on all major parts and panels. I have never noticed this on any other vehicle I have owned. This is great intelligence to have on hand when inspecting a used vehicle for evidence of previous collision damage. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts