Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I just registered here and this is my first post. I might actually be an Element owner in 3 days! hopefully..

Anyway, I found a 2006 EX-P with 86k miles for 12995, of course my goal is to talk them down to 10k or lower and also trade in my 02 Honda Civic EX with 98k miles.

I'm not sure if this is the proper section to ask this but I wanted to know if the 2006 is a good year for the E? Any other advice or knowledge would be much appreciated since they have an 09 (used), 10 (new), and 11 (new) as well..

Here's the link to the used 06':
http://www.walshhonda.com/vehicle-details/2006-honda-element-ex-p-macon-ga-id-617739

Thanks again!
-G

·
Registered
163 Posts
What's It Worth?

KBB is $13,900. You'd be lucky to get them down to $12,000 (not including trade-in) but that Element looks great and it's a one-owner. It already has the cargo cover and floor tray (I had to buy both from H&A).

Go for it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hello everyone!
I just registered here and this is my first post. I might actually be an Element owner in 3 days! hopefully..

Anyway, I found a 2006 EX-P with 86k miles for 12995, of course my goal is to talk them down to 10k or lower and also trade in my 02 Honda Civic EX with 98k miles.

I'm not sure if this is the proper section to ask this but I wanted to know if the 2006 is a good year for the E? Any other advice or knowledge would be much appreciated since they have an 09 (used), 10 (new), and 11 (new) as well..

Here's the link to the used 06':
http://www.walshhonda.com/vehicle-details/2006-honda-element-ex-p-macon-ga-id-617739

Thanks again!
-G
Not knowing your budget, by all means, buy the newest vehicle you can afford. But on the 06', don't be bashful on your offer, you can always go up but not down. If it's on the lot for that, I'd bet they have $7,000~$8,000 in it.

Sam

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Thanks a lot for the help, I'm going to take a look at the 06' this Saturday and weigh the options out. I could technically afford a 2011' but I don't really want a payment for 5 years, I'd much rather try to get this 06' for 4k-6k and then have that paid off in 2 or less.

However, I just wanted to make sure the 2006's weren't a bad year or if there's significant differences between an 06 - 09 or something along those lines.

I appreciate it!
-G

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm no expert...

but, I have an '06, and I believe it's a very good year. There was a recall for an earlier year or 2, but not on the 06. I've had it 2 years myself, and it's been great, no problems with it at all! and like he said, there's floor mats, etc:) tho that should not count! whatever your decision... have fun!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks a lot for the help, I'm going to take a look at the 06' this Saturday and weigh the options out. I could technically afford a 2011' but I don't really want a payment for 5 years, I'd much rather try to get this 06' for 4k-6k and then have that paid off in 2 or less.

However, I just wanted to make sure the 2006's weren't a bad year or if there's significant differences between an 06 - 09 or something along those lines.

I appreciate it!
-G
I'm no expert on the Element, but I believe that in 2007, they upped the horsepower a bit and the auto trans went from a four speed to five speed.

Sam

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
Thread moved to Shoppin' and Test Drivin' forum.

Iamtheratio, some of us consider 2006 the zenith of the Element. It was the last year with the original front seats and adjustable shoulder harnesses, the last year with cable throttle control, and (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the last year with contrasting plastic panels. OTOH as Ram4Sam notes, the 5-speed automatic appeared in MY 2007.

Good luck on your purchase.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again!

Now that the dealership has a used 06, 09 and a new 10 and maybe 11 my mind is spinning. I guess I'll have to head down there this Saturday and test drive and compare them all!

I can afford a new 2010/11, but I'm not so sure I want too, haha. However I feel much more comfortable buying a car with 3 miles on it over 86,000+ I've also never really been a fan of buying anything used. It just doesn't sit right with me, however I haven't test drove the 06 yet.

You guys have been more than helpful and thanks for moving this into the right section!

-G

·
Registered
660 Posts
06 is a good year, plastic panels were still available which is the besssst :) and the audio controls are on the steering wheel which is the one difference from my 05.

I almost bought a Kiwi green 06, but had more miles, scratches all the way down the driver side quarter panel, a crack in the windshield, almost bald tires (one was deflating as I was looking at the car!) They had to pump up the tire just so I could test drive. and the inside was missing stuff like the seat bungees and owners manual. They still wanted $17k for it, it's been at the dealership for about 6 months now.

·
Registered
233 Posts
just my opinion....

I own a 2003 and a 2008, both EX AWD with A/T. I think when you drive a 2007 or newer you will really notice the difference in performance with the extra 10hp and 5 speed auto. Make sure you run it at hiway speeds. Gas mileage is also about 2-3 mpg better on the post 2007 models if that is important to you.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Now that the dealership has a used 06, 09 and a new 10 and maybe 11 my mind is spinning. I guess I'll have to head down there this Saturday and test drive and compare them all!

I can afford a new 2010/11, but I'm not so sure I want too, haha. However I feel much more comfortable buying a car with 3 miles on it over 86,000+ I've also never really been a fan of buying anything used. It just doesn't sit right with me, however I haven't test drove the 06 yet.

You guys have been more than helpful and thanks for moving this into the right section!

-G
To heck with test drives, buy the new one! Nothing like the smell of a new car. And remember, you are just spending your kid's inheritance.:evil:

Sam

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have the 06 with M/T and still love it like the day I bought it. Sure I would like to extra 10hp, but I'm not crazy about the seats from 2007 on and do not like the steel panels on the 2010. I agree that 06 was the top year. except for a few interior scratches mine is just as it was back then, the engine in bullet proof. I've had no problems except brake pads and tires since new and am closing in on 80K

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guys wont believe it, haha I still don't! But, I bought a 2010 CBP EX 2WD, I actually pick it up tonight. I've never been more excited in my life, haha.

I got it for 21,300, after trade, tag/tax/reg, deposit I got it for a solid 18k. I will be posting pictures as soon as i can. It's really rainy here today, so I'll probably wait until it gets better outside.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts