Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, Nissan wants $150 diagnostic fee and CD Players are not covered under warranty. So I am coming to the EOC and asking for help.

I bought my wife an 06 Altima several months ago. Great car, even better gas mileage.

We started having a problem with CD's skipping. Naturally I bought a cleaning CD and cleaned out the CD player. It did not fix the problem.
I tried the disk several more times. Still not fixed.

I started to mess around with it last night to see if I could narrow down a problem. I tried several different CD's. Most are original discs but a few are burned copies.

Here is where it gets funny, the burned CD's work and the originals skip or won’t even begin to play. These are new CD's with zero scratches. They play in the Element but not her Altima.

Do you guys have any idea why this might be happening?
It plays burned CD's but not originals? I even tried 2 brand new CD's I just bought and one works perfectly the other one does not. Brand new CD's.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
06 Altima
There's your problem! ;-):D

Seriously, you might have just gotten a faulty unit, or the previous owner might have smoked and the thing is full of tar, or whatever. For the $150 that they want to charge to look at it, you can go onto crutchfield.com and buy a new stereo for the thing that probably plays more formats and sounds better than did the original.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts