Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This car was on my list of cars to check out before the Element, but I decided it was too much of a "chick" car. Now, I see it is redesigned both on the interior and exterior, but most importantly it now has a V6! 268 horsepower! Still looks like a "chick"car to me, no offense to the ladies here. A V6 Element would be sweet......

http://www.toyotausa.com/vehicles/future/rav4/performance.html

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Why would a 6-cylinder (i.e., an engine with more power) be desireable on the Element?

·
Registered
653 Posts
My mother-in-law has a silver '03 Rav4 and I really like the kinda unique styling cues that the black plastic wedgy accent on the sides gives it - makes it seem more sporty and enhances the perception of it having a "let's go!" forward-leaning stance.

I still prefer the ride height and interior space of my E to that of her Rav4, but it is a nice-looking and reasonably comfortable small SUV.

But with the '06 model, it seems like they've watered down the distictiveness too much and it seems less unique. Andone else get this drift?

Rob

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
New Rav Looks like the Highlander.

I think the E has more than enough power. I'd like to see that 2.2L turbo diesel offered in the UK E so I can use biodiesel. I'd like to see a hybrid too. I know the Saturn Vue Redline is using the 3.5L Honda engine, so maybe a rally edition E with that would be neat.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BigFoot said:
Why would a 6-cylinder (i.e., an engine with more power) be desireable on the Element?
??? Hmmm.....more power...why....I don't know, maybe more towing capacity in a small package, easier acceleration on hills or acceleration in general, not so much drag racing or for "rice" purposes, just more power, maybe it's just me, but I like "more power" in anything....except the government.....but anyway, I was just making a comment that it would be "sweet", don't want to start a "thing" about why people would want to go faster in this box of ours........

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I wonder what they mean by 'improved fuel economy'? They dont give specs on that link. And it says the rav4 is 181 inches long; arent the older ones shorter than the E's 169 inches? or am I confused again??? :)

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
IRV said:
From Consumers Guide, 2004. RAV4 overall length :166.2. Element : 166.5.
hhhmmmm... edmunds.com quotes the same overall length dimensions, but the Honda website states the E to be 169 inches... we lost/gained 3 inches somewhere? then to add to the confusion, the 2006 specs list the EX-P as 170 inches (one inch thick of paint??)...

·
Registered
751 Posts
Well, I've noticed that a lot of companies have had to change their engine performance numbers due to revisions in the SAE system. Maybe the SAE has revised the inch while they were at it. :lol:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
chimphappyhour said:
Well, I've noticed that a lot of companies have had to change their engine performance numbers due to revisions in the SAE system. Maybe the SAE has revised the inch while they were at it. :lol:
The 2006 Element is now rated at 156HP, vs 160 in prior years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts