Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 AWD Element with 143,000 miles / Rare 5 speed Manual

1596342312592.png

Just retired and live in the city. No more commuting. Wife walks to work. Just sold Mini Cooper S and bought Subaru Crosstrek. This is my 4th Element and I truly love and know these great cars. In no hurry to sell but the time is near.

Overall the Element is in very, very good (great ?) condition. Not excellent. It is 13 years old remember. But I think the word great is right. The only issue is the TPMS which I attempted to have fixed -- $250 later, still irritating.

Element Includes: Honda rood rack and step rails / Honda front rubber floor mat / custom carpet for rear area / two key fobs and original owner’s manual.

Maintenance beyond normal oil changes every 3000 miles, tire rotations, etc.
Past few months new starter, new front windshield and valves adjusted.
Past year+ new clutch, new front struts, new brakes all around and new tires (Bridgestone now driven about 9000 miles)

Photos available / Element is in Philadelphia / see link for detailed specs on this model:
Email with questions and/or request for photos. [email protected]

thanks

Charlie

·
Registered
2007 Element EX AWD AT (two!)
225 Posts
Does the "no rust" comment apply to the underside as well? Photo of the engine compartment? What is the color?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Yes, no rust on body and from what time can tell and my mechanic confirmed for another individual that is interested ... no rust. Yes, I can send photo of engine. I’ll check the official name for the color but it’s kinda gray-brown. Did you see the photo with post ?

Photos soon.

Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,006 Posts
Kind of hard to tell what the color is. Perhaps it has a custom paint color? It doesn't look like any of the 2007 colors on the chart. Galaxy Gray is the only one that looks even remotely close. Or maybe it's the lighting when you took the photo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Not custom color .... Galaxy Gray is the color .... will send photos of engine bay and under car in few hours ... thanks

·
Registered
2007 Element EX AWD AT (two!)
225 Posts
Must be the shade and all the green in the background that makes it look greenish gray.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,006 Posts
Looks like quite a bit of rust on the rear bumper area (underneath the rear bumper cover). This is a common issue on Elements, but probably not a deal breaker; provided that there is no more rust underneath of that severity.

Another area to check that is a potential rust problem is the area where the front bushings on the rear lower control arms mount to the body. Check this out thoroughly; you don't want end up with this same problem this guy has:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks like alot of rust and discoloration under the hood and under the E. "Good"condition at best. $7800 is about 2k too high. I can find them all day long here with less surface rust for $5000. Unless yours is low mileage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello

Just a quick note to say the 2007 AWD Element with manual transmission has been SOLD. Interestingly over asking price.

Peggyinez (aka Charlie)

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 AWD Element with 143,000 miles / Rare 5 speed Manual

View attachment 204710

Just retired and live in the city. No more commuting. Wife walks to work. Just sold Mini Cooper S and bought Subaru Crosstrek. This is my 4th Element and I truly love and know these great cars. In no hurry to sell but the time is near.

Overall the Element is in very, very good (great ?) condition. Not excellent. It is 13 years old remember. But I think the word great is right. The only issue is the TPMS which I attempted to have fixed -- $250 later, still irritating.

Element Includes: Honda rood rack and step rails / Honda front rubber floor mat / custom carpet for rear area / two key fobs and original owner’s manual.

Maintenance beyond normal oil changes every 3000 miles, tire rotations, etc.
Past few months new starter, new front windshield and valves adjusted.
Past year+ new clutch, new front struts, new brakes all around and new tires (Bridgestone now driven about 9000 miles)

Photos available / Element is in Philadelphia / see link for detailed specs on this model:
Email with questions and/or request for photos. [email protected]

thanks

Charlie
Hi I've been shopping all over for another Ele even have a wanted listing on this very site! I'd put this in the 5K from a dealer cat even a bit less as is manual is it even an Ex? I've got cash n hand if want to sell immed for a bit less let me know.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi I've been shopping all over for another Ele even have a wanted listing on this very site! I'd put this in the 5K from a dealer cat even a bit less as is manual is it even an Ex? I've got cash n hand if want to sell immed for a bit less let me know.
I respectfully disagree. Dealers are selling Elements at this mileage in the $7000 and up range:

That of course would be before dealer fees and taxes. Elements are getting harder to find, especially an AWD EX-P with manual transmission. Aside from that rear bumper I see mostly surface rust. (To Peggyinez) I think 5k is way too low, especially since the front suspension has just been worked on. I would hold out for the right buyer who will appreciate this Element. I love it's color too. A car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay and that 07 manual with the painted body panels, rear moon roof (which they stopped making in later yeas) is a rare find. Lots of people I know are looking for a manual transmission.

Just saw this was sold! Good for you Peggyinez, glad you made out well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts