Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This past week, we had severe winds for about 3 days. My E never had a wind whistling issue before. I thought that maybe when the winds died down it would stop but instead it has persisted. It seems to eminate from the drivers side upper door frame.

The E is normal up to aorund 50-55 mph thats when the whistling noise starts and sometimes fades out around 70 mph. Below 50 is normal E road noise etc.

I have checked all of the weather stripping on both the doors and the door frame and all looks ok. No breaks or cracks or damage. The back door looks good too as does its window.

The windshield was replaced in 2007 but has never been an issue. All of the windshield exterior trim is tight and snapped in. The noise does not seem to be coming from the windshield. It seems focused on the front drivers side upper door frame.

The drivers side window seems to be seating all the way. With the window fully up, I cant force it up by hand any further.

It is possible the doors and hinges may have loosened or sagged? The doors close correctly and without having to slam them shut.

Any suggestions as to how to narrow this down and/or fix the noise would be great. BTW I do not have a roof rack and the vehicle is stock with no exterior mods at all. Thanks...Joe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same whistling noise issue brand new EX

Hi,

I have exact same problem with my new '10 EX.
The faint high pitched whistling sound appears at around 60 mph for me.
But it could be dependent on relative wind speed.
It appears to be gone at around 70 mph.

Not sure where it is comming from but appears to be on both sides for me, and appears to be comming from the mirrors. Perhaps something could be done on the mirrors?

I will inquire dealership about it, but don't think I willl get much answer from them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My whistling was awful I had to keep it below 65 or it howled, on mine the whistling noise came from the trim around the windshield not being tight enough. I took a tube of black silicon and put a bead under the trim all the way around , have not had a whistle yet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts