Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing to replace my ball joints on an 07 Element SC. They are telling me I have to buy the whole spindle as well ( all one part? ).
Is this true or can i buy the ball joint seperatly???
Remember its an SC which has different suspension than the other elements.
Thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
A Honda dealer will most likely offer only to do the job replacing the spindle assembly, they don't want to mess with pressing the old parts out and its much more efficient for their techs to just replace the assembly. A quick search on Amazon and it looks like you can get just the ball joints for your 2007 SC, Moog or Beck Arnley (#101-7183) A local repair shop should be willing to do it for you, unless you tackle the job yourself.

·
12,177 Posts
A Honda dealer will most likely offer only to do the job replacing the spindle assembly, they don't want to mess with pressing the old parts out and its much more efficient for their techs to just replace the assembly. A quick search on Amazon and it looks like you can get just the ball joints for your 2007 SC, Moog or Beck Arnley (#101-7183) A local repair shop should be willing to do it for you, unless you tackle the job yourself.

Honda does not offer ball joints only for the Element. Most dealers will not install after market ball joints.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That part number is the same one that i have that my mechanic tried and was too small, i have searched for the part # online and it has given me two different part numbers...there has to be an easier way!!!!LOL!!!!
There has to be a place that sells just the ball joint, i just need to find out where.

·
Registered
81 Posts
that would be a super screw job if you couldn't find a replacement ball joint only, good luck man. I would make your that you in fact tried the right one the first time. I don't see why they would be different between SC and EX.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that would be a super screw job if you couldn't find a replacement ball joint only, good luck man. I would make your that you in fact tried the right one the first time. I don't see why they would be different between SC and EX.
The suspensions on the two are different, i assume thats why, my sc is a little lower with 18" wheels and tires, and from what i have heard a little stiffer as well. If i cant buy the ball joint by itself i might sell the element, i know its extreme but its really hard on fuel on the highway and i am sick of getting the brakes done!!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
07 Element SC Ball Joints (can i buy seperate??!!)

i have an 07 SC and i am needing the ball joints replaced. I had the ball joints that i was told i needed, when my mechanic took it apart he said i had the wrong ones (too small). when i called my parts guy today to tell him what happened he said he would get back to me and when he did he told me that i couldnt order them seperate.I had to buy the whole spindle assembly????!!!
Does this make sence? Can someone please help me!!!Preferably someone who has an SC and has replaced the ball joints. The ball joints should be around $100 with taxes and the spindle is $300 so if i can get away with just the ball joints than that would be great!!!!
Thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The steering knuckle shows a retail price of $172. If the dealer is charging more than list price, I'd go somewhere else.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, I know this thread is ancient history, but it still shows up when searching for information on ball joints for the SC. So if you've stumbled upon this thread, do NOT purchase the part number listed above if you have an SC. The part won't fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
These worked on my 2007 SC BECKARNLEY 101-8018 Ball Joint, you just need to press them in...
Thanks just bought them in Amazon, hope they fit. It has been a challenge to get this done. Wanted to change them due to time, bought a new set, the mechanic beat the hell out of the old ones to find out that the new do not fit. Have been ordered 4 times including the SC Trim and they always come in wrong. Yes the spindle can be changed $330.00 each and it takes a week to come in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts