Honda Element Owners Club banner

421 - 440 of 464 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Quick Question

For those of you who have experience assembling/disassembling the SC Console, I have a question....

I want to put some lights in the storage area of the console and control them via a micro switch.

What I need to know is how difficult is it to just get the inside "Box halves" (for lack of a better word) (Parts #40 & 41 on parts diagram) out of the console to allow me to mount and wire the switch and make the needed "access cuts" for the switch actuator.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I am working on getting my console installed as we type. For those who had to take the armrests out, after you take the actual armrests off how do you get the black part that is attached to the seat off? I've tried every wrench I have. Does anyone know the spefic size of the bolt holding it to the seat?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok got that part down. Now I can't figure out how to put the actual console in without breaking it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ok... I'm assuming I will have to take it in to get it reset... anyone have any idea what they will charge me?

Also the cig lighter, I tapped into the one in the dash, it must be my wiring that has gone bad somewhere along the line...
Just a quick update on the problems I ran into....

To reset srs light, mechanic charged me 45$

Cig lighter fixed, the connections when I tapped into the dash cig lighter were not connecting... super easy fix...

·
Registered
11 Posts
SC Console going into 2003 `Ment

Hey guys! So after about a year and a half of bidding wars on ebay and misses on craigslist etc, I finally snagged an SC Console for my 2003 Element (Ebay prevailed!). All the parts arrived today, and it even came with the dividers & the audio inputs inside already. Got it for a ****ing steal @ $225 with about $60 shipping from New jersey to Seattle. I'm still pretty amped from this unbelievable deal especially compared to others I've bid on or buying from the dealer. *shrug* the guy just wanted it out of his garage. Go figure. Anyway, install starts this weekend! Will try to post some pics if anyone wants em, though between Neoikon, JSmOOthJaZ3, and others there's plenty already. But if you want some, just let me know. And to you guys who helped inspire the rest of us to do this mod, YOU ROCK! wish me luck....

·
Registered
45 Posts
got console..

and new limited SC mats..

problems that i ran into during install...

i didnt disconnect neg battery cable before removing seats so now airbag light is on...?? dont know what to do about that...

not satisfied with amp placement- under passenger seat; but sticks out just a lil bit and bothers me...

and cig lighter isnt working in console...

anywho- its a lot of work... looks great and feels great and the sub is nice to have...
Are those seat covers on your front seats? They look good. What kind are they?

KC

·
Registered
11 Posts
Done! Woohoo!

So got my console installed this past Friday. Went fairly smoothly. Got the parking brake bolting in just a tad too far to the left so fitting in the main console piece took some finessing but it fit. looks super and am so glad I did this mod.

Next up: the turn signal mod
:-D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice work. Funny how it probably took them about 15 minutes to install at the factory. We went and looked at a 2010 EX last week that had the SC center console and those beautiful leather seats. I didnt care for the console though and would likely have removed it... Different strokes I guess. I know now where I could have sold it. We didnt end up getting the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sc center console

Hello Dear members.
I just bought an Honda element 2006 ex. And i would Like to install an sc center consolé but i wat to Know if it fit or had to modify something.
Also want to Know if there is Any for sale.
Thanks for Your time

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Hello Dear members.
I just bought an Honda element 2006 ex. And i would Like to install an sc center consolé but i wat to Know if it fit or had to modify something.
Also want to Know if there is Any for sale.
Thanks for Your time
Do some searches here on the forum and you'll find some step by step w/ pics. I've installed SC consoles in both my Elements. You need to get the emergency brake with the console. I bought both mine off eBay from a guy that was buying SC Elements and making them handicap accessible vehicles. He then would sell the complete consoles on eBay and floor mats at great prices. With the demise of the Element he probably has moved on though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Reviving a somewhat dead thread but I am looking at doing this as well. It appears that Roger on ebay is no longer modding SC's for some reason :) so I am looking at buying everything from the dealer. When I priced it out over the weekend it came to about 770 before shipping, that's a bit steep. Anyone know where I can get one. I have tried the local junkyards plus all the online ones plus searchtempest with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Center Console from Roger

I purchased one of the Roger center consoles a few years back but never did the install. I'm cleaning out my garage and am looking to part with it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
i'm looking for someone in the San Francisco Bay Area who has experienced with installing an SC console in their EX. I'm willing to pay a reasonable price to have you install it. I was going to find a shop but didn't want to have to explain or have them read the entire install thread. I'm in San Francisco. Send me a PM if you're available, have the necessary tools and able to do the job right. I'm also looking at having the lock for the passenger side door installed. PM me and let's see if we can work something out.

·
Registered
836 Posts
After having an sc console just sit on shelves and empty floor spaces in my garage plus toting it a 1K miles move I've finally gotten around to installing it. I ordered the road rage amp since my car is an LX with no sub. Only thing missing from my console when I ordered from roger was the interior AUX/12v jacks. I got those ordered plus the console wire harness which Ill splice in. I couldnt find the threaded rod around town so I ordered one off the net, based on previous post in this thread I just hope its right since there is no where I can walk the e brake in and test fit. I'm going to add in my reverse camera to the car thats been sitting with the console since I also ordered a wireless transmitter to avoid running wires.

I've looked at all the old posts and found a ouple pictures but if anyone has any more manual shots on the console/interior for an 07 that can post them up that would help so Im not missing something from a dead pic in previous posts.

Once these last remaining parts show up in the mail I will either have an sc console installed into my 04 LX or I'll be very mad and selling a complete sc console plus carpet floor mats!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
that road rage amp isn't have bad huh.... i wonder how it sounds compared to the stock amp

421 - 440 of 464 Posts