Honda Element Owners Club banner

2007 SC Center console in a 2007 EX

214K views 466 replies 117 participants last post by  Stones 
#1 ·
When I was shopping for an Element, I really fell in love with the SC center console. Though, I also fell in love with the EX interior colors and cloth. So, I bought a 2007 EX, ordered every single little part and screw of the center console, and installed it myself.

Below are some pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Elemen-O-P said:
OoooohHHhh.... I like!!

1. What was the final bill on all parts involved?
2. Was the install fairly lengthy, or could it be done in a single day?

...and just outta curiousity (cuz I'm too lazy to research) does the SC console come in any other colors than dark grey/black?

Final bill was in the $550 range. I also bought the Element Service Manual (~$75), but that's not necessarily required. I did the whole thing over a 3 day period (not counting a long (2 months) delay for one of the parts). It definitely was more difficult than I was expecting. It could be done in one day perhaps... one very long day. ;] Though, I did it all myself, so help could have sped things up.

As far as colors are concerned. There are no choices. Everything is just as you see in the pics.

I am very pleased with it so far!

Daniel

#10 ·
#11 ·
lizzurd said:
What did you end up doing with the brake cables?R eplace them or mod the Sc handle?
Below is a shot of the parking brake. I extended the SC parking brake rod to the equalizer bar and installed the brackets (beneath the cables themselves) slightly different than intended. Works great!

Attachments

#14 ·
lizzurd said:
Looks good....i wasnt sure how it would work when you first mentioned it....but now that i see the set up .....
It's great to have a parking brake again! I took the original one out a couple months ago in preparation for the new one. But, as you know, it took much longer than I expected to get the final part to actually install it. I kept thinking that it was only a week or so away till I got everything, so I never put the original on back. :]

Daniel

#19 ·
this is fantastic. how much room would you say is inside the console? used and unused, i bought my ELE for the use of space but i wish i had more enclosed storage like what i hope the console offers.

#20 ·
Man your E really ROCKS!!! Do you have any thoughts on painting the rest of your trim to match the piano black of the SC console? You said you have SC floor mats, are they just the SC floor mats or did you buy the SC carpet? Thanks, again great looking E:D :D Drew:)

#21 · (Edited)
synthetikid said:
this is fantastic. how much room would you say is inside the console? used and unused, i bought my ELE for the use of space but i wish i had more enclosed storage like what i hope the console offers.
There is a lot of space in there. I put a box of tissues, my Zune, phone, power cables, hand sanitizer, etc in there with A LOT of room left over. If you want to see it in person, just go to your local Honda dealer and ask to see an SC. :D I just wish I had the console dividers.

On the subject of enclosed space. I personally fill up my glovebox . So, I bought a couple of these to put maps and important papers in. They fit great in the door and the black color makes them hardly noticeable. They are also extremely durable and dirt cheap!

Daniel

#22 · (Edited)
box-E said:
Man your E really ROCKS!!! Do you have any thoughts on painting the rest of your trim to match the piano black of the SC console? You said you have SC floor mats, are they just the SC floor mats or did you buy the SC carpet? Thanks, again great looking E:D :D Drew:)
One of the things I didn't like about the SC was the piano black details. I like the silver and gray so much better. If anything I'd paint the center console to match the center dash trim (gunmetal gray, see first image below). Though, to get it to look right, it'd have to be exact, which I think would be a little difficult. I'm happy with the way it looks right now. Instead of a two-tone dash highlights, I have three-tone! :D

Nah, I have the factory rubber floors (no carpet). Another reason why I liked the EX better than the SC were the rubber floors. The center console sticks into the back seat area a bit (see second image below), so the SC mat is tailored for that. Also, the center console splits the front two seats, so they are two individual mats (as opposed to the single, long mat for the EX/LX).

Daniel

Attachments

#23 ·
neoikon,
You know that I have been following your attempts at this mod. Man, Congratulations on this. Now that you have completed this mod, I hope that you have more to share. This one of the mods that I have been seriously considering. Over the last few months, I have been saving my pennies for this. I still need to see if the '05 brake / console area has the same screw and bolt set-up as yours. Again, Congrats on your installation. If you can, please provide the part number for the cover of the console that was not included when you received your parts. I will have additional questions later. Thanks

#24 ·
JSm00thJaZ3 said:
neoikon,
You know that I have been following your attempts at this mod. Man, Congratulations on this. Now that you have completed this mod, I hope that you have more to share. This one of the mods that I have been seriously considering. Over the last few months, I have been saving my pennies for this. I still need to see if the '05 brake / console area has the same screw and bolt set-up as yours. Again, Congrats on your installation. If you can, please provide the part number for the cover of the console that was not included when you received your parts. I will have additional questions later. Thanks
Thanks :D I must say it was more work than I was originally expecting, but it looks great in the end. That being said, making an actual instruction guide to build it wouldn't be an easy task. So, I'm leaving it more to people asking questions. I am willing to help out if I can. Just ask away :]

To answer your question, the part number was 83406-SCV-A91ZA (#10 from this diagram). It's not that I didn't receive the part, it's that the part wasn't assembled completely. That part should be the entire armrest, hinge, latch, screws, and bottom plate (all within the #10 block). Instead, all I received was the armrest and latch. No hinge, no bottom plate. You can also see that the hinge and bottom plate don't have part numbers (just the screws). The only way you can get those parts is from that entire assembly (#10). The way the hinge is sandwiched between other parts, it wasn't possible to just build it completely and just screw on the top when received. It pretty much put me at a standstill till I received it.

Also, when I bought the part it was about $66, now it seems to be about $98! I guess the original pricing was for what I actually got (which was incorrect). So the corrected assembly, with the additional parts, now has the corrected price (just my theory). In the end, HondaPartsDeals didn't charge me anything additional. In fact, they gave me some all-weather floor mats (SC) for my trouble! Good guys. ;]

Daniel

#25 ·
JSm00thJaZ3 said:
neoikon,
Here's a picture of the 05 console area. I put it on the other thread a while back.

#396 ·
Wiring an SC center console in an EX

Hi there. I am thinking about building a center console for my '08 EX from wood, and running the wiring thru the auto transmission rubber boot on the floorboard, then under the vehicle to the center console area, up thru a new hole and plug next to where the parking brake cables enter that area. I'm wondering how you took the wiring from the dash into the center console area for your SC console retro in your EX. Does the SC console have a wiring chase inside it from the subwoofer area? I assume the SC console must have a power outlet and aux audio plug as well. Thank you for your help.

#26 ·
Granny, Thanks for the reminder and the link to the picture.

Neoikon, Wanted to know if you purchased just about every part for the console and brake lever. I am really leaning toward getting this done. Wanted to know if you could provide some additional information regarding the parts you ordered and what you did not have to purchase. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.