Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2007 SC, and I'm looking for a class 3 hitch for it to mount my bike rack too. I haven't found any for this model anywhere. My wife has a Townie (heavy), so I'd like to have the heavier bike rack.

·
Registered
162 Posts
they don't make one for the sc.
I got a class 3 (standard element hitch) from Uhaul installed. Still need to trim the rough cut they did to my bumper. If you don't mind cutting a nitch out of your bumper then you can have the non sc trailer hitch installed.

·
Registered
155 Posts
so no hitch for the SC huh?

damn. thats not good news.

·
Registered
162 Posts
BurnoutX they do make a class 1.

·
Registered
155 Posts
ah ok, i guess i got reading up on the type of hitch classes out there.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
And-

Any hitch, other than the Honda Class I accessory, that will fit an Element will fit on an SC. The only caveat is that you will have to trim the bumper trim fascia where it goes over the hitch receiver.

·
Registered
155 Posts
And-

Any hitch, other than the Honda Class I accessory, that will fit an Element will fit on an SC. The only caveat is that you will have to trim the bumper trim fascia where it goes over the hitch receiver.
(i apologize for the noob question in advance).

if I were looking for a hitch to use so i just put a bike rack on it (just 2 bike). would a class 1 be sufficient?

i've read where the class i ripped the spare wheel floor but the member was using a large "tray".

so i'm all confused. mostly b/c i like the sC, but i want to have the hitch option for bikes

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

if I were looking for a hitch to use so i just put a bike rack on it (just 2 bike). would a class 1 be sufficient?

i've read where the class i ripped the spare wheel floor but the member was using a large "tray".

so i'm all confused. mostly b/c i like the sC, but i want to have the hitch option for bikes
Why not put the bike INSIDE??? That's is what makes the E valuable!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts

shouldn't be a problem. you probably will have to buy an adapter for the bike rack. Most accessories are designed for hitches that is larger than 1 1/4 inches. Adapters are around 30 bucks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Why not put the bike INSIDE??? That's is what makes the E valuable!!!
and that is the plan.

but eventually the wife and i want to do what they call "the childrens" so room would be needed for said baby seat.

though i do love that about the E, the seats move out of the way so easily :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
I installed the OEM Class 1 hitch last week and bought a Class 1 4-bike hitch rack for my SC:

looks good.
where did you get the element outline sticker on your rear glass.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The hitch that ripped out the undertray was the lame class I hitch which is just one bar that attached in front of the spare and to the loop right at the back. It didn't attach to the sides of the "frame" like the Honda hitch or a couple of others.

This is the hitch I wouldn't trust

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Here is how my class 3 hitch looks. Had to do a little cutting.

·
Registered
155 Posts
btw, that looks like a really clean job you did there -- dremel?

·
Registered
162 Posts
can't think what the name of the tool dad used. Its a saw with a small square blade that vibrates back and forth. One of those infocomerical tools. He wishes he would have waited until Lowes started selling one similar because the cost of the blades is expensive.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts