Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy an element - I've been looking seriously for about a month now - and in the state of texas, buying new is not easy. There are not many new elements out there in the trim and color that I want and prices are not friendly to my budget.

I just searched craigslist and found a local certified 2007 SC with 15k miles. It's gorgeous - flawless condition, looks like it belongs on the new lot.

Advertised price was 19,580 - last night we agreed to 18,9 and I took the car home for the night to 'test'.

After looking more at the used market, 18,9 seemed pretty high so I called back today and said 18,250 is the highest I can go.

I think 18,250 is a fair deal all around, I know they'd still be making money on it - and I don't think I'd be getting ripped off.

I'm really just looking for a nudge (either way) from someone with a bit more pricing experience - buying used is new territory for me and its hard to find comparable data out there.

Friends that arent very familiar with the element have told me its a good deal and also that its a terrible deal. Of course the terrible deal comments have given me worry.

Thanks for any advice or comments!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Wow! that's pretty close to borderline, I live in Cali and see some with the same miles from private sellers for $15,500 -$16,900, are you buying of the H dealer/certified?...if you do you're own bank financing, they should be able to tell you the worth or blue book, and I personally think 17K would be a fair price cash or finance especially.

·
Registered
28 Posts
surfing through car.com

shopping and comparing prices 2007-8 SC $21,000 to $23,000
with 20000 to 40000 miles

not a single stick SC, maybe the listings are not 100% correct?
also looking for Grey or silver

1 - 4 of 4 Posts