Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 EX, the battery is original(3 years old). If the battery is low does the car icon on the dash turn red? If so, is that normal for a Honda battery to kill at 3 years?

·
Registered
178 Posts
If it's an 07 are you still under warranty?

If no warranty you could get the battery load tested for free at a number of auto parts stores across the nation. With newer cars and a lower battery indicator I always suggest having the alternator load tested also. Too many newer cars will trigger a battery warning when the alternator is to blame.

It's not common to see a battery go in under 3 years but it happens. I've even seen some batteries go within the same year they were purchased.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya still under warranty, plan on calling in the morning. Does the red vehicle icon on my dash indicate low battery?

I just had my Element in to Honda a week or so ago and the battery tested fine.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If your referring to red battery indicator then yes it does refer to the battery. Most mechanics just check the battery but in new cars the alternator is typically the issue when this light appears. Most people can realize when a battery is getting low and there car is having a hard time starting. Let me guess though you car starts fine without any type of struggle?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Need a new one

FWIW: I had to put a new battery in my 07 with 50K a few months ago. All is well now. Went with an Interstate. The Honda battery would die just when the doors were open while I was cleaning it. Now I can't kill it if I leave the doors open for a while.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
engine light maybe?

It's not the battery light, here ya go(it's normally white in color)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Um.....wondering how you got battery low. It should just call for you to replace the driver door trigger.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
It's not the battery light, here ya go(it's normally white in color)

Seriously, how'd you figure that a picture of your car with an open drivers side door meant your battery was dying? I'm confused. :twisted::?

If it's lit up like that when the door is closed, you have an issue with your drivers side door switch.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the door is open, cause the door is open... that's not the point

The point is the car icon is red, it's normally white, and i don't know what that means.

The car hesitated this morning, but started, when i was leaving work i had to get jumped, hence why i think the battery is or something.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I opened and closed all the doors and hatch last night, and appears all normal for now. Still doesn't explain why it wouldn't start however.

·
Registered
15 Posts
if your rear hatch was open, your rear dome light may have been on thus draining your battery.

FWIW, my "door ajar" indicator is in fact RED when there's a door open, just like in your pictures.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts