Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2008 LX last night. I have two questions.

1. They gave me two keys, but told me that the LX does not come with a keyless entry/key fob.

Is that true?

2. The radio is a pretty standara am/fm single cd. Can anyone recommend one with XM radio, and I would also be interested in one with NAV if they have it.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts

1. They gave me two keys, but told me that the LX does not come with a keyless entry/key fob.

Is that true?
True. At least for the 2005's it was true. You can get the parts from H&A and do the install pretty easily, or pay a lot more and have the dealer do it. There's a how-to on the boards (FAQs/How To's section up top).

Or here.

As for a new radio, search around the Mobile Electronics section here. There's a ton of info there.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My 2008 LX came with a keyless entry fob? :confused:

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
If i recall starting in 2007 all E's came standard with keyless.

Did you get it from a Honda dealer? If you did buy from a Honda dealer was it a Certified Pre-owned? If it was the keyless remotes are part of the inspection check list.

·
Registered
507 Posts
A friend of mine got a LX ,and they told her it didnt come with the fob... I got poking around in it and found it in the little compartment by your left knee.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
My 2008 LX came with a keyless entry fob? :confused:
Mine too. Two, in fact. :confused:

I get the feeling that a lot of Honda sales people don't know a damn thing about the Element so they make stuff up as they go along. At least that's what I saw when I was shopping around in Houston. I even heard the bit about being able to hose the E out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If a Honda sales rep told me that I could wash out an Element that I was looking at on their lot with a hose, I would ask for the keys, find a hose somewhere on the lot, and start hosing it out. I would love to see the look on their faces!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I work @ a Honda Dealership here in Canada and most times, the key fobs are in the coin box. Go and check there first before purchasing or inquiring about them @ your dealership!

·
Registered
205 Posts
If a Honda sales rep told me that I could wash out an Element that I was looking at on their lot with a hose, I would ask for the keys, find a hose somewhere on the lot, and start hosing it out. I would love to see the look on their faces!
roflmao! ahahhaa

·
Registered
84 Posts

Is that true?

2. The radio is a pretty standara am/fm single cd. Can anyone recommend one with XM radio, and I would also be interested in one with NAV if they have it.
1. All 2008 Elements came with remote entry. The dealer should have given you the remotes. You shouldn't have to search the car for them. If the dealer lost the remotes, they owe them to you since they are included with the car.

2. If you want XM or Navigation, you will have to go aftermarket. The Element can easily accept an aftermarket in dash double-DIN head unit. The EX model featured a 270 watt 7 speaker stereo with subwoofer, and XM. Navigation was not offered until 2009.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts