Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Lately I've notice my Element has been idling low at stops and will almost completely die at the lights. It drives fine and starts fine but only happen every so often. So I did some reading and people kept talking about cleaning the IAT. I took off the throttle body and there is no IAT (intake air temperature) on the throttle body. Turns on the IAT is part of the MAF (mass air flow) sensor, which is located on the intake pipe. Once I put everything together I got a check engine light for P0113, P0102, and p0171. Do you guys think my MAF/IAT sensor is going out or what else could it be? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,526 Posts
That will definitely take care of a dirty MAF, but may not clear the issue. If not, my suggestion is to have the valves adjusted. I think it's a little more prevalent in MTs, but can definitely cause stalling issues in any E (mine was almost closed exhaust valves). If you're pretty sure they have not been adjusted in 60K+ (if ever), again, that would be my suggestion. Hope this helps!! :razz: :razz:

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,745 Posts
First thing is verify valve clearance.

Second is, are you using a stock air filter, or a "high flow k&n" ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts