Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently (7/31/08') had an issue with rear brakes on my 08 LX (19K). Driving home from the store the previous night I hear an aweful sound when hitting the brakes. I take it to a local dealer, other then where I purchased the E, the next day. As I was waiting a few hours too hear that we fixed the part under warranty, they come back with I need new rear brakes $235 (Rear Pads and Right Rotor Resurface. NO warrenty coverage! I called Honda direct. Not once, but twice they told me sorry nothing we can do. Dealer says they brakes wore evenly all around, except the right side it's possible a rock got stuck or something of the nature. Out of luck and time...I took it my local Monroe service center and they did the job for under $150 - $171 total with state inspection. Here is what they showed me see pictures. I measured the thickness with calipers in inches.

LO=.278, LI=.278, RI=.190, RO=.000

Needless to say I was TPO! Doesn't look like they wore evenly to me.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated...

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
That looks like a stuck right caliper problem to me.

If they were only going to replace the pads and re-surface the rotor I would be a little worried... Did you ask the mech. if the pistons slid in easily by hand ?

·
Registered
271 Posts
You got hosed, man.

Never let the dealer off that easy. File complaints and fight until you're dead.

If it's the bad caliper that ate the maintenance item in the first place, it's warrenteed.

...stuck rock my hairy a**!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I went (no lie) over 70,000 on my Tacoma that I traded in Apr for my Element on the original brakes. I took it in in Nov, due to a caliper hanging up. The tech was shocked to learn I was still on the orig. brakes,and muffler too!! he said that I still had lots of life on pads. The great state of NY and all the salt though had rusted things pretty bad so I had him do complete job since at time I wasn't planning on getting a new vehicle. My question is what is the average mileage for most E's first brake job????

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally got some satisfaction from the dealer where I purchased my vehicle. They checked all four brakes and said one rear and one front caliper are sticking. They are not sure why? He asked me if I took it off roading, because there was a lot of mud built up in the rims...I laughed off course. Tractor pulls on the weekend that is why I got it, oh and NO! Anyway, hopefully I can get a refund from Honda. The dealer told me that I should get at least 35/40K on the brakes before replacement is near.

Just a Note to other E owners. Stay away from:

MotorWorld Automotive Group, Inc.
150 Motorworld D.
Wilkes-Barre PA 18702

1 - 6 of 6 Posts