Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what kind of a price would you think I should be able to buy a "New" still on the dealers lot 2008 SC auto for? I found one and he said he will make a smoking deal but is offering it @ $21,990. seems to me he should be able to do better on a car that is close to being 2 yrs old and still new on the lot. Maybe I should just shop for a 2009. I was thinking EX AWD anyway but thought if I could get a good enough deal then?????????????:D So what kind of a price would you think I should be shooting for? MSRP is $24,245. Thanks for you input in advance!:)

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Wait until the last day of the month and then go in and tell him (the dealer) you'll buy it today for $18,900. Let us know what he does.:)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Wait until the last day of the month and then go in and tell him (the dealer) you'll buy it today for $18,900. Let us know what he does.:)
+1... last day of month is always best car shopping day ;-)
$22,000 for an '08 doesn't sound like much of a "deal" to me...:-(

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well he is down to $21k after being there last night for an hour at closing. After the feedback here it's clear he needs to be somewhere between $19k & $20k, maybe that's why it's still there?:confused:

Another dealer quoted me a 2009 EX AWD auto for $21,864. that to me seems like a lot better deal. I have a cash for clunkers trade so I want to move as soon as the dealers will take it. It's easy to deal here because we have no sales tax so the price is the price!:D

I'm going back today to tell him the bottom line on a 09 EX AWD Auto @ $21,500 and offer him $19,000 for the 08 SC. This is a small town dealer so I Bet he says no to both:-( So off to drive 100 miles to the next closest dealer to try and get a good price.;-) I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Funny, -- I was going to say the same thing but only offerer him $18,500.-- :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the last day of the month won't work because they can't take cash for clunkers trades until July 1. So any deal made will based on a July 1 purchase unless I want to wait for the end of July.

I'm leaning to the 2009 AWD EX, Auto, 99% sure unless he comes in with a $18-18500 number the 08.

So far the best quote using the fax flood method is $21,795 + license and title. I told them in the fax I was looking at a $21,000 cash price for the above 2009 EX AWD. No takers so far.:neutral:

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Well the last day of the month won't work because they can't take cash for clunkers trades until July 1. So any deal made will based on a July 1 purchase unless I want to wait for the end of July.
Then don't expect the best deal possible. Salesmen work on a monthly sales quota and the dealership has monthly payments on every unsold vehicle. As the month comes to a close everybody at a car dealership starts to get nervous.:)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then don't expect the best deal possible. Salesmen work on a monthly sales quota and the dealership has monthly payments on every unsold vehicle. As the month comes to a close everybody at a car dealership starts to get nervous.:)
I know what you are saying and I appreciate the advice but the CFC program is going to give me $4500 for a 1996 Ford 4X4 Explorer Auto with 150,000 miles on it. Before they would talk about $900-$1400 trade value so I'm a few dollars ahead. I just don't want to give them back.

Funny in the sales managers office they have a board up thats says June target sales 59 units....then says 37 to go:D I would happily buy now but Am no way going to give up the $4500;-)

We will see what other dealers offer up!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Well he is down to $21k after being there last night for an hour at closing. After the feedback here it's clear he needs to be somewhere between $19k & $20k, maybe that's why it's still there?:confused:

Another dealer quoted me a 2009 EX AWD auto for $21,864. that to me seems like a lot better deal. I have a cash for clunkers trade so I want to move as soon as the dealers will take it. It's easy to deal here because we have no sales tax so the price is the price!:D

I'm going back today to tell him the bottom line on a 09 EX AWD Auto @ $21,500 and offer him $19,000 for the 08 SC. This is a small town dealer so I Bet he says no to both:-( So off to drive 100 miles to the next closest dealer to try and get a good price.;-) I'll keep you posted.
where is "here" just out of curiosity? and good luck btw... :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New low quote of $21,328 + L&T for a 2009 EX AWD Auto. Would really like an SC but none around here and with the Oregon winters I'd be better off with an AWD anyway.

·
Registered
541 Posts
New low quote of $21,328 + L&T for a 2009 EX AWD Auto. Would really like an SC but none around here and with the Oregon winters I'd be better off with an AWD anyway.
much better than that "smoking deal" on that $22K 2008!!!! :D
+1 on the AWD.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts