Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this E just before the economy took the latest nosedive, and since I work in a field that has been hit hard by the downturn and have another vehicle I am considering selling the E. This car is in as delivered condition with only 2300 miles.
I haven't advertised the E anywhere yet and I would be interested to know what members here thought it might be worth. I welcome any comments (or offers) anyone might want to make. Thanks, slimbob

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you dtexan. KBB gives a value on this vehicle of $20,200 based on a private party sale and with low mileage and excellent condition assumed. Its just a gut feeling, but that seems a little high, even given the pristine condition of the car. slimbob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A quote from CarMax wouldn't mean too much to me because they would need to resell the E at a profit. I plan to resell the car myself, and I will do better that way even though I know I will probably have to take some loss on the car. slimbob

·
Registered
54 Posts
have you checked autotrader to see what they are going for. Just name what you want and see what people offer. Put it on craigslist and see what happens

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the next step, but I thought I would post it here first and see if any EOC members had an interest in it. I'll probably post it to Craigslist in the next few days. Autotrader is a good suggestion- thanks.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,491 Posts
edmunds.com will also give you a decent idea, and it's based on your zip, not a national average.:rolleyes::)

Sorry to see you go, but, good luck in your sale...... :razz::razz:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Thank you dtexan. KBB gives a value on this vehicle of $20,200 based on a private party sale and with low mileage and excellent condition assumed. Its just a gut feeling, but that seems a little high, even given the pristine condition of the car. slimbob
For comparison, latest quotes on a new 08 AWD AT vs MT are at $20,300. Honda's $1500 incentive will make a bit of a dent right now.

Good suggestions to run with autotrader & craigslist. Look at posting at cars.com as well. I use them most as I shop for options. I wish it were an AT Gray, I'd use it as an excuse to pay a visit! Best of luck with the sale.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just checked Edmunds and they say $20,327 for a private party sale. I'm not willing to give this E away, but I'd probably take $19,600 for it just to move things along. Two or three months without having to make payments will essentially make up for that, and eliminating that payment overhead is really why I'm selling the E anyway.

I decided a couple of weeks ago not to drive the E until it was sold, so it will be sitting safely in my driveway until then.

·
Registered
859 Posts
you can probably get $20k for it if you find someone whos looking for a MT, as they are impossible to find. the economy is affecting us all, hopefully the future will look up. its affected me as well, as i left my job to take a position with a more stable company.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts