Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. I recently bought a 2008 EX and am loving it. I have been researching wiring harness options for my 2008 EX on this forum and others and I have not seen a clear consensus on aftermarket vs OEM kits for 2007-2011. Has anyone had an issue with the aftermarket kits for a 2008 (or 2007-2011)? I know this is a commonly discussed topic, usually regarding 2006 and earlier, but I have not been able to find a decisive answer for a 2008.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
In years past, I could verify that some of the "aftermarket" kits were the actual OEM part. I got mine that way without spending the extra $$$ markup. I don't know what's left on the market these days but I will say that Honda actually had to do a recall on '08's with the OEM part because it had some of the wires on the control module connected wrong. If the aftermarket part connects the same way, I'd go with it.

Installation on an '08 is as simple as plugging a module in under the dash and plugging a pigtail in to a plug provided in the spare tire well. You can route the pigtail out around the bumper if you want but keeping it inside when not in use keeps it clean and safe from corrosion. My dealership wanted over $200 to install that wire. I paid less than $40 for the same part and installed in about 10 minutes only because I'd never done it before.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
etrailer.com has a nice trailer harness that will plug into your Elements factory ready connectors under the dash for one harness and in the spare tire area for the other. I just installed a hitch and there harness in my 2007 last month and it went in perfectly. Very easy. It was the one that is $40 or $41.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts