1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a local guy selling a set of 09's with tires for only 500
perfect for our LX.

Are they a direct swap?
Looks to be the same size rubber AND same lug pattern, i just want to make sure they clear the breaks and no other "hidden" issues.

Also, can honda reprogram the TPMS to the new sensors in the wheels?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
-mike:razz:

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
I found a local guy selling a set of 09's with tires for only 500
perfect for our LX.

Are they a direct swap?
Looks to be the same size rubber AND same lug pattern, i just want to make sure they clear the breaks and no other "hidden" issues.

Also, can honda reprogram the TPMS to the new sensors in the wheels?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
-mike:razz:

The wheels will fit without any issues. You will likely have to replace the sensors. Honda changed the sensors on the 2009's and to the best of my knowledge they are not compatable with earlier TPMS systems on the E.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wheels will fit without any issues. You will likely have to replace the sensors. Honda changed the sensors on the 2009's and to the best of my knowledge they are not compatable with earlier TPMS systems on the E.
If i take both sets to a wheel shop can they swap my TPMS units from the 08 to the new alloys?

or because they are different sensors, or will they not fit?

THanks in advance !

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
If i take both sets to a wheel shop can they swap my TPMS units from the 08 to the new alloys?

or because they are different sensors, or will they not fit?

THanks in advance !
The sensors will be able to be swapped over. The shape of the sensor is the same....The diffference is in the electronics. You will need to buy new nuts in advance. The nuts on the sensors are not designed to be reused.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sensors will be able to be swapped over. The shape of the sensor is the same....The diffference is in the electronics. You will need to buy new nuts in advance. The nuts on the sensors are not designed to be reused.

you're the man.

If you're ever in NYC , brews on me:grin:

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,530 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Careful for what you wish for..... :shock::razz::evil::evil:
lol no worries... i work on Wall Street... somehow someone else would end up paying for the drinks

I <3 bailout money , lol jp

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Picked up the rims tonight

here's a crappy iphone picture of one up against my car

Anyone know if the LX lugs will swap over? i see they are different part numbers on hondaautomotive

·
Registered
608 Posts
The lug nuts are the same. I believe the only difference is that rubber washer used to hold the hub cap on.. in any case, they are the same.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The lug nuts are the same. I believe the only difference is that rubber washer used to hold the hub cap on.. in any case, they are the same.

Excellent, i know that was the case back in the day on my 2000 civic ex for Si rims that you'd have to remove that but didn't know they still did that!

Just saved me some $$ Thanks bud:grin:

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Actually the nuts are different. This post shows the difference in the two styles of nuts.
The lug nut on the right of that picture is off of my 2008 LX and will fit properly on any stock Honda wheel. The lug nut on the left is only used when I mount aftermarket wheels to my Element.

Has Honda changed to a conical seat?

Thanks lizzurd,

So i need to find a "spherical" 12x1.50 lugnut ?
You already have "spherical" 12mmX1.5 lug nuts on your LX and they should work just fine with your new wheels.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The lug nut on the right of that picture is off of my 2008 LX and will fit properly on any stock Honda wheel. The lug nut on the left is only used when I mount aftermarket wheels to my Element.

Has Honda changed to a conical seat?

You already have "spherical" 12mmX1.5 lug nuts on your LX and they should work just fine with your new wheels.
Excellent.
Thanks all, sorry for being such a lug/tpms newb!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts