Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a new 2009 4WD and found the ride to be quite stiff, I presently drive a 2006 FWD and the ride is better than the 2009 4WD. Can someone shead some light on this issue, is the 4WD suspention stiffer than the FWD suspention.

·
12,179 Posts
The tire pressure is too high on the rear of the 2009? I upped the rear tire pressure by 3 lbs on my 2006 4WD and it really changed the way it rode.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Yeah, I'd look at what tires are on it, and the tire pressure. Can make a big difference in the ride.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own both a 2005 ex 4wd and 2010 exa wd. The 2010 is stiffer. Also the seats are more firm. But it is more quiet both engine and road noise. Generally the 2010 seems tighter all round. If you look at the front door jamb near the hinge, you can see where Honda inserted some EPS. May contribute to the less noisy interior.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the info
I did look at the part numbers for the struts and yes they were the same part number in the front the rear struts are different on the 4WD vs FWD.
Tire presure could have been high on this E and it has been sitting on the lot for over 1 year.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would different tires like a sedan tire instead of a SUV tire make an improvement for the ride?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts