Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two years of shopping, we finally purchased a new Aliner Alite popup a-frame camper on Saturday.

Think "queen size bed with wheels".:D

At only 415lbs, we think the Alite is going to be perfect for our style of camping. The dealership tricks out their campers with power hook ups, an ac/dc inverter, interior lights, a whisper fan, stabilizing jacks and a large front-end storage box.

Hat's off to the crew at Sandhills RV Superstore in Sanford, NC - especially Lisa, Eric and owner Tammy Rausch - what a great group of folks! They made our three-hour drive from Wrightsville Beach worth the trip.

Here's a little video of Kat setting up the Alite for the very first time - with a little coaching from Lisa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1RjA-gRaj8 - Aliner's motto is "Ready-Set-Camp" and they aren't kidding. After a few tries, we had Jager's new "dog house" up and running in less than 40 seconds.

As for towing, I had to keep looking back on the way home to remind myself the camper was behind the Element - never even felt it!

As soon as the sleet stops here at the beach, we'll shoot and post some interior photos.

Cheers!

Jamie and Kat

Attachments

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Congrats, that's the same model I'm trying to convince my wife that WE need.
I'll use your pics to show her the advantages to having one.
BTW - When you do post the interior pics, show us the packing space. I've been curious how much storage they have.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Exc!! Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
882 Posts
First let me say we really missed you guys at the meet and eat. Would of love to have you guys there.... but Jager's new house does come first, and which I may say is a beaut. Can't wait to see it. Now when we all go camping again you'll have much more time to help me set up my tent in the dark.:lol::lol:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks great guys. :)

Can't wait to see that jewel up close and personal at the Beach Blast.!!

I wonder, is that "Boomer" sized or does he need a larger version? :rolleyes:
Oh, it's the perfect size for Boomer - but just Boomer. You'll be outside on the ground! :p

We'll get some interior photos posted eventually (sleeping area, storage - well, that's it actually) - it's really getting nasty here at the beach - guess this what they call a "wintry mix".

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Folks wanted to see the little tee-pee for the "E" opened for sleeping - here are a couple of photos between the rain showers today.

Jager had no problem adjusting to the new "tent"...

I spent most of the day installing a trickle-charge battery charger, a 12-volt meter and extra power sockets - tomorrow the radio and speakers go in as well as the carpet, shelves and the 42' high definition plasma (ok, just kidding about the plasma)

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Followed your link to the Aliner website and noticed their TRE models. If I was a little younger I would have me one of the Marco models. Perfect for weekend campers and under 2500#.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First Camping Trip in the Aliner

Camping in February? At the beach, you betcha!

Our first outing in the new Aliner Alite - Carolina Beach State Park, just south of Wilmington, N.C.

Couple of photos of Jager waiting for us to load the Element - then photos of the campsite. Weather was gorgeous, with temps in the upper 60s all day Sunday after a night of 40s.

Jamie, Kat and Jager

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Even loaded with all of our gear, you can hardly tell it's there Chick...thru the side mirrors, it's just barely visible - and weight-wise, there's no difference.

Best part about it - the camper is light enough to push. I managed to get it just about where we wanted it at the campground, then we just unhitched it and pushed it up into the site. :D

And no, Jager has had no problems adjusting from tent to trailer - I'm sure he'll learn how to open the door, just like we taught him to unzip the tent fly...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Carolina Beach Camping

A photo of the wife and new camper at Carolina Beach State Park this past weekend (March 7, 2009) - nothing better than 80 degree days and 55 degree nights! Just hope the weather holds out for the 2009 Mid-South Beach Blast!

Tech: Nikon D80 4 secs @ f5.6 800 iso - Used a MagLight to shine a little extra light on the trailer and trophy wife!

Hope to post more soonest!

jamie

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Can't wait to see it at the beach blast next weekend!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
2009 Aliner Rally, Mt. Pleasants

Well, we were the only Element "e"ople in the crowd, but we had a blast hanging out with the Southeast Coastal Aliner Camping Club last weekend at Mt. Pleasants, S.C.

Enjoy the photos from the trip!

Jager chillin' in the sunshine, Kat checking out an Aliner Alite with the "galley addition", Jim Kerola and Kat in a spankin' new Aliner Scout (note the wooden floors!), lunch at Jack's Cosmic Dogs outside of Charleston -

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts