Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Remember guys, Honda was pretty dang secretive about the '09 Element....

I can see how the Element could easily have been left off an article about the new Honda models. How far back was the article written anyway? How long has it been since the '09 specs have even been out??

Yea, put the blame on this right where it belongs... HONDA.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Maybe Honda is too embarrassed they let a team of mentally challenged lemmings redesign the Element for 09'?:evil:

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Maybe it could be the price tag.....$20-$28,000...seems like a big jump....I saw one for $28313..Had Leather and Navigation...What a rip off for a $20,000 car..I'll keep my 2004 SOP

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I'm think the redesign was done by some high school freshmen serving after school detention for screwing-off in art class.

Those new really light colored interiors are just flippin' great for a utility vehicle. WTF!

Shop Auto Trader for a leftover 2008!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
I definitely appreciate my 07 more now that the 09 is on the lot and stickered. The 09 is trying too hard to not be an E. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe Honda is too embarrassed they let a team of mentally challenged lemmings redesign the Element for 09'?:evil:

LOL.. Very Funny. I am glad that I got the 2008. The last year of the good design. I just don't like what they have done to the new Elements. To me it just looks strikingly similar to the Pilot. Or a bloated version of the Scion xB.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Plus you see all the commercials for CR-V, Pilot, Accord, Civic and Fit but no E:mad: Whats up with that! Even the Ridgeline has a few commercials! I can't take it!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I got a good look at the 09 and 08 side by side this weekend. Like just about all Honda designs, I grow to like the looks more over time. The 09 is growing on me for exterior looks. But I can see where the "polished" look it has taken vs an understated aggressive stance strays from what so many like it to do. As mentioned by many, seems to be an attempt to mainstream it more similar to the Xb. As the new owner of the silver 08 that was sitting next to that black 09, I'm very happy with my choice.

I keep wondering about its future. Is this as attempt to bridge it to the next incarnation? Or, with the economics being what they are...Will Honda be gauging a bit on these sales to decide on what to do with it? THe new front was inevitable with Honda's recent new corporate face in the US vehicles. Sure would ike to see some aggressiveness put back on it though.

It's such a natural vehicle to implement the diesel and/or hybrid drivelines. Maybe we'll see a rather radical new version with the new technologies? I think it still has a place in the lineup under the Pilot-CRV-Element thing.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Edmund's changes article

Apparently somebody got through to them since the title of their article says that they've included every Honda model. You can see where the page has been edited to include a brief paragraph on the '09 Elements and the writing style makes it appear that it was added by a different writer. No pictures...

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
If no one buys the 2009 Element, then the Element will die......and we will have noone to blame but ourselves for bad mouthing it.....Remember the Pontiac Aztek ? It was ugly and box and before its time....and people hated it and it died. :twisted:

The Aztek....Toyota squashed it, added batteries and called it the Prius and people bought it....:grin:

·
Registered
159 Posts
are u suggesting that the Element will soon become a Hybrid?

Oh wellz, there are several boxy vehicles in the market now.... those dodge caliber or nitro or something, ford flex...i think they are all copycats of the E.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
If no one buys the 2009 Element, then the Element will die......and we will have noone to blame but ourselves for bad mouthing it.....Remember the Pontiac Aztek ? It was ugly and box and before its time....and people hated it and it died. :twisted:
I parked next to an Aztec last night after work. It gets my vote for the ugliest vehicle ever designed. The E is not ugly and it's a lot more practical than most of those SUV's on the road.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts