Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my 09 SC today, I also ordered a trailer hitch, but when I asked the dealer about the size of the hitch receiver, they couldnt find the specs. I have a 2" hitch style bike rack, so I need to make sure the OEM hitch is also 2", can any one tell me is it 2" or 1 1/4", thank you

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
i just got my 09 SC today, I also ordered a trailer hitch, but when I asked the dealer about the size of the hitch receiver, they couldnt find the specs. I have a 2" hitch style bike rack, so I need to make sure the OEM hitch is also 2", can any one tell me is it 2" or 1 1/4", thank you
Welcome to the EOC superblaster. The OEM hitch has a 1 1/4 opening.

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Go to UHaul and have them put one in for you. Much much much cheaper than the OEM POS and you have a 2" receiver, which opens up your accessory possibilities way more than the rinky dink 1-1/4" one from the factory.

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
I spoke to the parts manager today, he told me 09 receiver size is 2"????? I am confused........any one have 09 with hitch please let me know, thabnk you.
++

He is reading the accessory chart incorrectly. Honda lists 2 ball sizes for the Element. 2" and 1 7/8". But there is not a 2" receiver. I am a parts manager myself and work with these accessory listings on a daily basis.

08L92-SCV-300A Trailer Hitch Ball - 1 7/8" x 3/4"

08L92-SCV-100B Trailer Hitch Ball - 2"

08L92-SCV-301 Trailer Hitch
08L91-SCV-300A Trailer Hitch Harness

·
Registered
8 Posts
After market hitch source

FWIW, I got mine (for my '09 SC) from etrailer.com and am quite satisfied with it. I found it a little problematical to find one that specifically said it would fit the SC. I did have to trim the bumper cover (which was mentioned on the web site). 2" receiver.

Best -- Gary

Change is good. You go first.~Scott Adams

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.