Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a silly small thing but I'm hoping someone might be able to help- I have a 2009 Element, purchased last October. I purchased it with an installed Honda Bug Deflector on the hood. It's now June and today the sides of the bug deflector which are held onto the hood with two-sided tape...the tape gave up the ghost and is no longer holding, leaving either sde of the bug deflector unattached and flapping in the wind. I would expect a part like this to remain working for longer than 7 or 8 months before giving way.

What are my options? Is this something that my Honda warrenty would cover? Is there a better, all weather two sided tape I can purchase and use to re-attach the ends of te bug deflector to the hood?

fyi....I live in Connecticut....it gets cold in the winter and in the 90s in the summer.

cheers

·
Registered
313 Posts
Get some 3-M two sided tape. It is good quality. You can have it done before u can say dealer. # 1 thing is to clean both sides well with a good cleaner, thats probley why it came loose. Some lot boy put it on at the dealer without cleaning it good enough. Good Luck

·
Registered
480 Posts
Any OEM Honda accessories installed by Honda at or prior to the time of delivery are covered for the duration of the vehicle warranty. (At least that's what my dealer said)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Any OEM Honda accessories installed by Honda at or prior to the time of delivery are covered for the duration of the vehicle warranty. (At least that's what my dealer said)
Yup! I second flat lander, less "after market" stuff or OEM add ons to waranty. The dealership will even remove the floor mats!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks to everyone for your advice. I did check with the dealer and they had me stop by and they corrected the problem (new tape) and they told me anytime the tape fails, come by and they'll fix it for free. A happy shout out to the good folks at Schaller Honda, in New Britian, CT.

thanks!:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts