Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my wife a 2009 Element DX 4wd 5 speed automatic.

First fillup was 22 mpg with totally in-town driving. Based on some of the threads posted here --I was a little worried --- buy hey my wife loves the car so much it did not really matter.

·
Registered
715 Posts
My first tank got me a 23.8 , (LX 2 WD) but I live out in the country and didn't do a whole lot of town driving. We're gonna take a trip to the Smoky Mountains in a couple of weeks and I'll get to see what the highway mileage is then.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm getting about that around town. I hit 24mpg on the highway.. 25mpg coming home from Wis. (down hill)

·
Registered
680 Posts
27 MPG for Highway but within my ideal parameters

I have a 2009 EX...it was very cold outside so I didn't drive with A/C on..nor with any fan speed. :) I had the windows closed (fresh air from vents)to keep the cabin the temperature I wanted it... I drove from Richmond, VA to Raleigh, NC and I averaged 27 MPG. I only went 5 miles over speed limit...just cruise control....I typically get 21MPG city

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Just bought my wife a 2009 Element DX 4wd 5 speed automatic.

First fillup was 22 mpg with totally in-town driving. Based on some of the threads posted here --I was a little worried --- buy hey my wife loves the car so much it did not really matter.

Welcome to the EOC !!

I think you will find that the mileage improves after break in ! Mine did, so did the wifes E.

Dom

·
Registered
55 Posts
Track mileage with fuelly

Try http://www.fuelly.com to track your mileage. I saw it from the sig line of another poster and checked it out, and it's a nice, simple, free site. It has a clean smartphone page so you can put in your mileage while at the gas station.

I have no business relationship, blah blah with them, just to be clear. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mileage

My 2009 LX 2WD is new 4mos old....I've tracked all gas mileage since new ( Now have 12,546 mi on it )...average for the entire 12,000 miles was 24.6...best was 28 on trip to Louisiana from Florida on cruise 5 over the limit,
then at Xmas got 27.8 on trip to NC from Fla...same speeds, cruise on, but no A/C on last trip.... I'm very happy with the car...I did put nitrogen in the tires, and I have that in all my vehicles..and think it helps a little

·
Registered
251 Posts
Best thing Honda ever did adding that 5 speed Auto! At least they listened to the biggest gripe about it! Bad MPG...I even considered seeing if that license plate was available at penndot (dmv)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow, how are you guys doing that. My 2003 Element LX averaged around 23 if I took it easy but my brand new one, so far is horrible! I am on the first tank I put in and it looks like around 15-16 miles per gallon-and i am driving like an old lady during the break in. I wanted to see if I could get as good a mileage with my new automatic as with the stick and I have used almost half a tank of gas to go 79 miles.:?

·
Registered
8 Posts
09 Element MPG

My 09 EX 4WD auto is 7 month old with just over 10K miles -- 6K hwy @ 27mpg, 4Kmiles city driving @ 21.63mpg. I’ve had a tank goes as high as 30.51 hwy driving and city as low as 18.58. I’m happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts