Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions on the low profile tires that come on the sc? It's my understanding that the low profile tires are notorious for having to be replaced much more often than your standard tire.

Likewise, the 2wd seems adequate for this car unless you are driving in snow country. Any opinions?

How is the noise level in this car, since it has no carpeting? I suspect I know the answer here.

I was looking at the CR-V, but now I am in the market for this car, just waiting for the "cash for clunkers" bill to pass so I can get rid of my explorer. I was leaning toward the SC, but am thinking the EX is the better value.

·
Registered
189 Posts
just waiting for the "cash for clunkers" bill to pass so I can get rid of my explorer. I was leaning toward the SC, but am thinking the EX is the better value.
I too have an Explorer and I as well am waiting for the CFC to pass.

The SC does have carpet and from what I can find the 09's are a little quieter than earlier years. I have another post going wondering just how good a value a EX is over a LX you really don't get that much and if you buy 4X4 you can always go after market on wheels and tires. I'm no expert on the "E" so I will be watching your thread as well. So long Exploder Hello Toaster!:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased an 09 and I can say that it is very quiet at highway speeds. I was actually very surprised at how quiet it is. I have had no issues with tire noise. The SC is actually significantly quieter than the 02 Acura EL it replaces. I'm not sure how the SC compares to the EX or to older models but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how quiet it rides.

I have only had the truck for two weeks but I love it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 2007 SC, just over 2 years old. I have about 55000 on it and am still running on the original tires, although I'll probably replace them this fall (about 60,000 miles). No problems in light snow with the OEM tires, with snow tires this thing would have no problems what so ever. Just finished doing a kitchen / bath renovation in a house I am selling and used this car to haul everything from plywood to drywall to appliances. Still amazed at the amount of stuff you can fit in here.... at one point I had 10 sheets of 4 x 8 underlayment stuffed in diagnol; had to leave the tailgate down and hatch up for the ride home (Feb, about 10 degrees, 20 mile drive on interstate... brrrrr!) but it brought the stuff home no problem. My one complaint so far is cheap interior plastic. My interior (especially in the rear) is pretty marked up right now. The plastic seems a lot softer than what was used on my previous vehicle, a Ford Explorer. Also, the SC console extends past the rear of the seats (my seat is adjusted just a tad past center) which takes a few inches away from the usable flat space. I don't find the console that useful so could do without it given the option. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just purchased an 09 and I can say that it is very quiet at highway speeds. I was actually very surprised at how quiet it is. I have had no issues with tire noise.
I was surprised, as well. Given the shape, I expected it to be very loud at high speeds. Shame on me for doubting Honda.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts