Honda Element Owners Club banner
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Both front grille surround & rear strip on E are plastic, not chrome.
They are consistent with Honda's next gen truck/suv, see pic below from new Pilot, Ridgeline & CR-V.

Personally, I like 09 E with front/rear trim better than pre-09 with no front/rear trim. It give 09 E more truck like look.

Just to let you know, several of those pictures are chrome styled. Chrome doesn't have to be a chrome plating on a metal surface. Plastic can look chromed and most of the pictures above are exactly that. Maybe some chrome wheel well trim and door trim will match it well. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
interior

at first i thought the interior was too light, but now that i have one it's way better than the SC's black material that looked like it was deisgned at a tatoo parlor. if they get dirty, have 'em cleaned. i got the paint and interior protection package for $189. I'm sure it will be used since I have 2 young boys (4 and 6). It feels cooler and more roomy than the darker SC fabric. I think it's a nice change.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nav system

Gary, the NAV will not be able to be retrofitted... plus it isn't worth spending $1,000+ on an OEM Nav... stick with your GPS. The cooler can be gotten if you were to purchase ALL of the center console parts the way some of us bought the SC console parts.
Yes the Nav will fit most late model E's. (big opening like the 07-09's have) I waited a long time for mine to come in since the aftermaket ones are not as user friendly driving solo. Honda lists each piece & part no's ($3500), and my dealer said they have a kit avail. for about $1k less. Honda charges $1700 on a new one, so if you get the set-up for $2500, that's not too bad. (but with that scratch can buy several dumb hookie aftermaket nav units & a JC Whitney camera!)

Rick

EOC Decal*Mobil 1 oil* K&N Air filter* AVS bug shield*WeatherTech window vents*Honda Side steps*Honda mud guards*Full-length A/W Carpert

·
Registered
73 Posts
Front Fenders

Are the new front fenders all painted metal now?
Yes the front are all metal now (I put a magnet on mine at the test drive to see) and the rear are still plastic, with a shotty paint job. The Black frt & rear qtrs are gone for good along with the rear sunroof, safety issue I'm told; side air-bag / roll-over data took it away.

Rick

EOC Decal * Mobil 1 oil * K&N Air filter * AVS bug shield * WeatherTech window vents * Honda Side steps * Honda mud guards * Full-length A/W Carpert * Custom rear bicycle carrier

·
Registered
848 Posts
The Black frt & rear qtrs are gone for good along with the rear sunroof, safety issue I'm told; side air-bag / roll-over data took it away.
More likely the sunroof was killed by bean counters who save few
hundred bucks a unit, and a realization most owners rarely had use
for it. The sunroof had no effect on roll over safety, unless someone was
standing in it at the time.;-)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think the "restyling" of the some of the exterior and interior features make the Element more pleasing to the eye. This, of course, comes from someone who currently owns a Nissan Xterra 4x4 MT. However, I'm looking at purchasing a 2010 Element later this year when they start arriving. It does, indeed, look more like an SUV and less like a glorified minivan as the earlier model years did. The interior still seems to have the same functionality, though it may be a different color. Being an engineer, it MUST be functional for me to even have a slight interest in it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
We purchased our '09 a couple months ago. No major mods planned, however I would like to get some fog lights added. I have added a Yakima roof rack and load warrior basket.

We really like the Element thus far. I love its versatility. I'm taking it out camping next weekend and hope to take a long road trip in the late fall.

·
Registered
108 Posts
In 2006 the standard Element had unpainted fenders. This was the first year Elements were available with fenders painted to match the rest of the body as an option with the EX package. The EX was the model with more standard goodies and the EX-P also had the painted fenders.

To start a thread go to the bottom of this or any thread page and use the drop down box to choose a forum which is approproaiate for your new thread. Click on that forum and you will see a button at the top left of the page that will allow you to post your new thread. It is in the same spot that you found the "Post Reply" button on this thread.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.