Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a fantastic RACE! Weather was good. Food was outstanding.

There is much to say about the race. But I'll let the Photo's do the talking for me.
Patty sitting in a race ready car before the race. I wont fit in it. You must be under 5'6" tall for this car.
012.jpg

Some of the past cars that raced at Indy.
020.jpg 021.jpg 023.jpg 025.jpg 028.jpg
More to follow.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
very cool Dom. I was there for the last USGP and it was awesome being at Indy. Great venue and just impressive atmosphere. I loved hearing the cars as soon as you pulled off the interstate.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
More Photo's
015.jpg
017.jpg
018.jpg

2 Of the cars that hit the wall in front of us. We are seated in turn 1. You can see all the way to turn 2 wear the second car came to rest. they hit each other at the end front stretch. THEN SLID, over one quarter of a mile. Almost a Full 1/2 mile for Vetor. To the start of turn 2.

027.jpg 028.jpg

Dom

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Cool. You got to see Vito's try at driving backwards on the barrier? I tell myself every year I'm gonna watch it on TV but, I wind up having to do stuff instead.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
This is a link to the Photo's of the crash! Take a look at the safer barrier soaking up the blow. Hit the wall at 218 Mph, and live! Amazing !!

Dom

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
A memorable Indy. Danica was the first American driver at the finish and I think this gives her the highest points total of all the American IRL drivers.

Who would have thought.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A memorable Indy. Danica was the first American driver at the finish and I think this gives her the highest points total of all the American IRL drivers.

Who would have thought.

That's all true! She has become a sweetheart of the fans. Myself included! She drives far better than I thought she would. I would also like to see Sara Fisher get more funding. She also has an abundance of talent. I feel sorry for Milka. She needs to find another series to race in. She did manage to stay out of trouble, but was a hazard on the track. I understand that it did not look like that on TV. However, in person, It became blatantly obvious.

Dom

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
That's all true! She has become a sweetheart of the fans. Myself included! She drives far better than I thought she would. I would also like to see Sara Fisher get more funding. She also has an abundance of talent. I feel sorry for Milka. She needs to find another series to race in. She did manage to stay out of trouble, but was a hazard on the track. I understand that it did not look like that on TV. However, in person, It became blatantly obvious.

Dom
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
There is some talk and rumors going around that Danica may end up driving for the US Grand Prix team in 2010.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is some talk and rumors going around that Danica may end up driving for the US Grand Prix team in 2010.

We think that was an effort on her part, to get more money during contract talks. It worked. She stayed. Signed for another 2 years.

Dom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts