Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I am back.. So I need an Made in USA emblem for my new E.. I want to see if anyone else is interested.. If we get enough people I will do the group buy. So lets start a list.
Price is subject to change on who many people we get. They usually run about 35 each. Remember (cost, shipping from japan, shipping to you)
Pic: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=246910&postcount=10

1. Travis

·
Registered
2,727 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hi Travis, glad to see you're back in the family! I've purchased three of these cool emblems using the group buy and Travis did one he!! of a lot of work to acquire the emblems but held down the shipping costs so there's nothing going in his pocket and I know that on at least one of the group buys, people who ordered them flaked out and Travis ate the cost until some folks bought the "extra" ones left over. One of the emblems went to my cousin in Spokane, WA, and even the dealer she gets the E serviced was all over it like a cheap suite. One last thing, the quality is really good and they're made from some kind of metal and not plastic. Worth every cent!

Travis, thanks for all the work you've done on these in the past!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm interested

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
I've been looking for a similar emblem or badge. but I don't like this one, and it seems hypocritical to me for a "Made in USA" badge to be made in Japan.
You're misunderstanding something about this badge. This is the badge that used to be mounted on the backs of all Elements at the factory in Ohio that were shipped to Japan to be sold. These badges are most likely manufactured in the US. The issue is you cannot buy these anywhere other than from a Honda Dealer in Japan or a supplier in Japan.

People are just looking for something that many feel should have been on all Elements from the beginning.

Just my $0.02.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
You're misunderstanding something about this badge. This is the badge that used to be mounted on the backs of all Elements at the factory in Ohio that were shipped to Japan to be sold. These badges are most likely manufactured in the US. The issue is you cannot buy these anywhere other than from a Honda Dealer in Japan or a supplier in Japan.

People are just looking for something that many feel should have been on all Elements from the beginning.

Just my $0.02.
I understand. I researched the emblem,and on Honda's break down components index it lists the source (not the distribution location) of the emblem as Japan. If it were anything else, the origin wouldn't disturb me at all.

The only good thing is it got me started into collecting decals and emblems. I found find this nice 4" x 2" emblem at http://www.logoride.com/3damflch.html

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'd like one ! Count me in.

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
I understand. I researched the emblem,and on Honda's break down components index it lists the source (not the distribution location) of the emblem as Japan. If it were anything else, the origin wouldn't disturb me at all.

The only good thing is it got me started into collecting decals and emblems. I found find this nice 4" x 2" emblem at http://www.logoride.com/3damflch.html
Does it really matter where it is manufactured? You do realize that most American flags that people are flying outside their houses and businesses are not made in the USA? Sure there are some flag companies stitching flags here, but most are done overseas.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
730 Posts
How many people do we have to have in order to make the group buy?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Add me to the list

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I'm down for at least one... If designed right, maybe two...!

LBD

·
Registered
730 Posts
Any updates? Is this still a go?

1 - 20 of 107 Posts