Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't see much activity from anyone concerning the June meet. Are any of you down South "toaster" drivers interested in the meet?

·
Registered
941 Posts
We are just in the tossing ideas around I think waiting for more direction. Check out the social group for mid south mid atlantic.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, welcome to "the bright side"! ;)
Thanks, sorry I missed you at Columbus, decided at the last minute not to go. Going to make this one regardless where in the hell it is!!:) Some of us a knocking around Guntersville, AL, Honda Lincoln tour, Cathedral Caverns, Huntsville Space and Rocket Museum, etc. Possibly Western NC and the mountains also. Need you E drivers to get with the program!!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Actually we have been actively discussing the whole idea. We should come to a consensus directly and have something posted.

You're welcome to join us, check out the Mid-South/Atlantic Social group, or join us at out monthly Meet-N-Eats. Or, we could just continue posting on this thread too.

There's a lot of options in this area, what's your favorite?

How about it folks, what's yours?

·
Registered
941 Posts
My thoughts We had talk about doing a world record last year we could dust off that plan or in my area.
blue Ride parkway dive Wine at Chateau morrisette. http://www.thedogs.com/ The manager drives an E.
We could stay at the campgroud we stayed at for spring fling.
I am open to anything and will help as I can but we need to start thinking.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
the BRP idea is cool, if we cover the BRP from the mill on up to the Skyland Drive that would cover the entire parkway on EOC events. Those that have been to them all can get a neat certificate from the National Park Service.

I'll dig the info up and post it later on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually we have been actively discussing the whole idea. We should come to a consensus directly and have something posted.

You're welcome to join us, check out the Mid-South/Atlantic Social group, or join us at out monthly Meet-N-Eats. Or, we could just continue posting on this thread too.

There's a lot of options in this area, what's your favorite?

How about it folks, what's yours?
Some of us on the ROC have been talking about touring the Honda facility at Lincoln, AL; they make RL's and Oddy's there. Possible headquartering at Guntersville State Park, maybe touring the Space and Rocket Museum in Huntsville, AL. All very, very, tentative. Tom wants us to play together like last year!!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Sounds like fun, there's a lot going on down around Huntsville - especially for the 'space nuts' like myself. :)

We need BigAl to investigate the idea. :D
If you guys are serious, I'll see what I can find out. Here's a map of north Alabama...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
It seems the whole concept of the '09 meet is being discussed in several threads and several regions. That may be good and all, but I do worry that unless several of us combine together we're all just going to wind up with a lot of 'mini-meet' quality events.... :-|

Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, just not quite the 'international meet' fanfare. Does that make sense to anyone?

If we want to do the individual 'regional' meets, maybe we should space them out over the summer - for no reason other than allowing those of us who can or desire the chance to attend several 'semi-local' meets.

There are several in discussion that honestly sound like a lot of fun, and it will be hard to choose which one to attend at the rate this is going.

It just seems to me we would be better off either spacing them out or combining the Eastern regions into one big event....

Just a thought...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It seems the whole concept of the '09 meet is being discussed in several threads and several regions. That may be good and all, but I do worry that unless several of us combine together we're all just going to wind up with a lot of 'mini-meet' quality events.... :-|

Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, just not quite the 'international meet' fanfare. Does that make sense to anyone?

If we want to do the individual 'regional' meets, maybe we should space them out over the summer - for no reason other than allowing those of us who can or desire the chance to attend several 'semi-local' meets.

There are several in discussion that honestly sound like a lot of fun, and it will be hard to choose which one to attend at the rate this is going.

It just seems to me we would be better off either spacing them out or combining the Eastern regions into one big event....

Just a thought...
Tom's instructions were for combined meets across the country all on the same weekend. That sort of eliminates spacing them out. I would think a large combined eastern and southern regions would work . I have posted on the EOC and ROC and have little if any support or interest. Looks like the big guys will have to take over, I am not getting anywhere!!:-? It takes a lot of time to pull this together, without the clout from Tom and his Honda contacts I feel dead in the water!!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Tom's instructions were...

I know, I saw T Mac's post, my point is that there are honestly relatively few in our area that attend ANY function. We had about five of us go to the last International Meet - and that one had the big draw of the Honda Plant Tour.

We honestly have that many and more show up for our mini meets. :neutral:

All I'm saying is that I'm fearful that unless we do something radical it's just not going to have much more impact than any other meet we hold....

We typically have three or more 'big' mini-meets a year, and the monthly meet-n-eats too. With decent turn out - sometimes better than others, but decent none the less. I just honestly don't see this being any better really. Maybe I'm wrong, hopefully I am....

But please don't 'throw in the towel' already. Let's work together and come up with something that will work.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know, I saw T Mac's post, my point is that there are honestly relatively few in our area that attend ANY function. We had about five of us go to the last International Meet - and that one had the big draw of the Honda Plant Tour.

We honestly have that many and more show up for our mini meets. :neutral:

All I'm saying is that I'm fearful that unless we do something radical it's just not going to have much more impact than any other meet we hold....

We typically have three or more 'big' mini-meets a year, and the monthly meet-n-eats too. With decent turn out - sometimes better than others, but decent none the less. I just honestly don't see this being any better really. Maybe I'm wrong, hopefully I am....

But please don't 'throw in the towel' already. Let's work together and come up with something that will work.
I went to the ROC meet in St Louis in 07 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Missed the 09 meet in Columbus and sincerely regretted it. There is so much to offer here in the mid south that I cannot believe there is not more interest!! We have the East coast, Gulf coast, Blue Ridge Parkway, Smoky Mountains, and Jack Daniel distillery! What more could you ask for!!:???:

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Come on guys.....I can't believe what I'm reading. We get a chance to organize a regional national meet.....and you're floundering do to lack of ideas?........WTF???

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Come on guys.....I can't believe what I'm reading. We get a chance to organize a regional national meet.....and you're floundering do to lack of ideas?........WTF???

It's not the lack of Ideas that is confounding the process. It's the lack of cohesion between the people attempting to organize the diverse chapters.

This was one of my primary fears when reading Tom's post. It needs to go to a committee from each area. Then the representatives of the areas need to form a consensus of preferred locations.

At that point, input from the general membership would be helpful, in determining a final location.

All the posts I've seen are solid contenders for a meet. It's obvious that people are thinking about it. So there is a considerable amount of interest.

As it is now it's it's all over the place. If this continues, there will be no " National Meet " anywhere. There will simply not be enough lead time for the logistics.

You must also consider the lead time people need to plan Vacation time.

Lets restart the process from a local chapter prospective. Then attempt to blend the chapters.

Ok North East, Who's on First ??

Dom

·
Registered
941 Posts
I can help out with the BFE VA and dog representation
Need others from a wide area.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts