Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elsewhere on the Internets, I've seen claims that Es from 2009 forward offered an external temperature gauge as an option.

I've searched the EOC archives, but haven't found anything about external temp gauges that's newer than 2006 or so, or focused on OEM gauges.

My questions: is this a myth? If not, has anyone retrofitted one to an earlier model (for instance, a 2006 EX-P)?

·
Registered
563 Posts
I think the OAT gauge is integral to the instrument cluster. I don't know where the sensor is installed and I don't know if a newer cluster would be backwards compatible with an older E. It would be nice to have though.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have searched this also. I found used 09 clusters with the temp gauge a plenty, but diagrams with how the wireing is different from a 07 and just WHERE the sensor is located are nowhere to be found. Really a pain.

While camping, I have found a work around for a temp sensor with the coolant and air temp readings on the OBDII bluetooth module talking to the Torque app. Of course the car has to be off for a long time to cool down to ambient.... but its better than nothing!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
im suddenly very annoyed that my 08 doesn't have this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts