Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of idle curiosity, how long is the cargo area in a 2009 SC with the back seats up? I measured my bike, and it's 56 1/2" long (if I turn the front wheel perpendicular to the rest) and 40" high; trying to see if it will fit in an SC. Thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
125 Posts
here is my SC with two bikes in the back. They were thrown in pretty quick, but if I take a few minutes both can be upright against the left side, bungied and they don't budge at all. I've got to tilt the front wheels and push them up against the back of the driver's seat. I can also put the rear-passenger side seat down once they're in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking on getting an Element and have seen an option for a bike carrier inside that clamps to the fork on the floor board. Does anyone know how this works, which type of bikes, etc..

Pics or a link to a previous thread would also help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I can fit 3 bikes inside w/ seats up (tires detached), plus I have a 4-bike hitch for 4 more.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bikes in the SC

I can fit 6 road bikes w/their front wheels off. One was a 63cm and another was a 61.
If you're tall, you may have to slide the driver and passenger seat forward a bit to allow the tailgate to close.

btw-that pix at the top of this thread w/the 2 bikes w/their front wheels still on was photo-shopped.

My 21.5 in 29er mountain bike definitely needs the passenger seat slid up halfway and the front wheel removed.

You're correct, if your bike is average size (55cm road/18in mtb)you should be able to get away with flipping up only one seat, leave the other one attached and lean the bike against the installed seat, turn the bars 90deg.

FYI-whenever I have to flip up a seat for cargo expansion, if possible, I only do the driverside rr seat. Flipping up the passenger side rr seat creates a huge blind spot out the side windows.

I'm a bike sales rep and love my E for the job!

·
Registered
27 Posts
bikes?

I have a 2009 Bianchi SOK SRAM X.0, 2008 B4P T-Cube Chorus, 2008 Pista, 2009 Bianchi Carbon Cross Concept. Bikes are a bit of an illness of mine.

How about u?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I fit my mountain bike in the back of my SC all the time, and I never take the front wheel off. I bungie the top rail to the rear OS handle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts