Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an 2009 EX and have been researching here for a tow hitch. Am I correct that the only hitch that doesn't hit the bumper is the one from Honda?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I have searched the site and have not found a hitch besides the one from Honda that does not interfere with the bumper.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've read many, can never say all, of the hitch posts and have not seen anyone say they found a hitch that doesn't touch the rear bumper.

If you choose the Honda hitch because it doesn't hit the bumper, you're limiting yourself to a 1 1/4 inch receiver.

If you open your options to include the hitch touching the bumper or trimming the bumper to fit, there is a whole world of hitches available both 1 1/4" and 2" receivers.

There are plenty of examples, including photos on this forum. You can see some pretty good examples of what's available at www.etrailers.com

Good Luck,

·
Registered
715 Posts
It's real easy to trim the bumper. I put my hitch on first and then trimmed the bumper around it. I could have left it untrimmed and it would have just pushed the plastic bumper up a little but I decided to just trim it. I'm not ever planning on removing it, so the bumper trim was no big deal and it's not noticeable at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts