Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it today! Bob Gross at the Honda store in Lisle, IL has been a total pleasure to work with. Did a one-way beater rental up there, and in less than 2 hours was putting the break-in miles on my new Toaster. Bob will be happy to assist any EOC member or wannabe with their purchase.

Having owned an 07 EX AWD 5AT, I'm not exactly sure what Honda did as updates (other than lose the sunroof, add the Nav and go-withs), but to me the new E seems more quiet, quicker and more stable.

Now for the mods. I have a long list and will keep the UPS guy happy for a few weeks at least. It's GREAT to have an E again!

Hey Mods, how about a sign-in thread? New owner posters are all over the place here!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Raving Modman Here!

Yes, lots of cardboard boxes showed up at the doorstep yesterday. So in addition to the dealer-installed side steps, splash guards and wheel locks (they did that before I found this E), I have:

• Honda leather steering wheel cover
  • Body-colored tailgate spoiler
  • Rocker panel trim kit
  • Honda fog light kit
  • Hoen H11 Endurance bulbs to replace the white fog bulbs
  • Rocker panel trim kit
  • Hidden hitch
  • Car coasters (for an '08, '09-10 not available yet)
Tomorrow the SCA deluxe full carpet set will get here. I ordered some EOC decals but I haven't heard a peep about status. Hopefully someone will wake up and send me an email?

I've already swapped out the interior lights with super-bright blue LEDs. I did the same with the DRLs, putting in a set of Toshiba 9011 HIR bulbs. I didn't realize they are not used as brights, so the stock ones will go back in and I'll upgrade the H4s to something like the 80% brighter 70/65 watt bulbs.

I'm rolling on a set of Yokohama Avid TRZs, 235/60R-16, just a hair smaller diameter than the stock Goodyears. The local Discount tire gave me an excellent price plus gave some credit for the take-offs. Like $200.

I'm thinking it's too late to join Mods Anonymous?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update - mods & pics

Greetings All, well there has been a convergence of a sunny day and clean E, so here are a few snaps of the work to date.

When I picked up my E, the dealer had already installed the side steps, splash guards and wheel locks. I did the rest:

*Interior:
  • Blue LEDs
  • SCA deluxe full carpet set
  • Car coaster liners
  • Honda leather wheel cover
  • Red turtle (Tortuga Rojo) bobble-head

*Exterior:
  • Lowe's lower grille guard (gutter screen)
  • Fiam dual-note high-power horns
  • Factory fog lights with Hoen H11 Endurance (yellow) bulbs
  • AVS Bugflector II bug squasher
  • Yokohama TRZ 235/60/16 rubber
  • Pep Boys silver bullet valve stem caps
  • Honda rocker panel trim
  • Honda tailgate spoiler
  • Hidden Hitch Class II hitch & harness
  • EOC sticker (best mod)
  • Bosch Icon wiper blades

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts