Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Subdued in 2009, America's most important auto show is back on track at the start of a new and more optimistic year. General Motors and Ford will take center stage with a long list of new and important products including the 2011 Ford Focus, 2011 Ford Mustang GT, Chevrolet Camaro Convertible, 2011 Chevrolet Aveo, Buick Regal GS, GMC Granite Concept, Cadillac XTS Concept and Cadillac CTS-V Coupe. As for Chrysler, it doesn't have any press conference scheduled, but it will display a rebadged five-door hatchback from Fiat's Lancia brand, as well as a lineup of Fiat 500 models, including a convertible, electric version and a sporty Abarth model. Now under Fiat's wing, the Chrysler booth with also display amazing machines from both Ferrari and Maserati.

Other important vehicles debuting at the show include the Honda CR-Z Hybrid, a dedicated hybrid concept from Toyota, the 2011 BMW 3 Series, BMW Z4 sDrive35is, 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe, MINI Beachcomber Concept and the Mercedes E-Class Cabriolet.

There's sure to be plenty more as well, so check back often as we update this page with the latest breaking news from the Detroit Auto Show starting January 11th.

Plus: Don't forget to sign on to get email updates from AutoGuide.com's live coverage of the 2010 Detroit Auto Show.

More: 2010 Detroit Auto Show Coverage on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
133 Posts
Granite is not an Element

GMC shows their Granite concept at Detroit Auto Show.
Link: http://www.insideline.com/gmc/granite/teased-gmc-granite-concept-for-2010-detroit-auto-show.html
Link: http://www.freep.com/article/201001.../1002/BUSINESS/GMC-Granite-Audi-A8-win-awards
E-ple!!!! Have we seen these ideas somewhere before?
But, who'd want to carry a muddy mountain bike THERE?
Scion Xb with more utility?
The Element's seating design flexibility is much better.
The Granite concept car also really borrows (or steals) a lot from Honda's Model-X Concept. Did it win awards back in the day?
Link: http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z2859/Honda-Model-X-(Element).aspx

Cheers,
John

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Honda CR-Z

Is that front overhang possibly for REAL? I mean, that's about 1/4 of the car's length ahead of the front wheels! Because of crash standards?

Hit the brakes and watch it flip endo like a motorcycle! It needs little wheelie-bars in front to keep that from happening.

Message to Honda: package the goodies behind the front axle. You can do it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
none

The CRZ front looks like the punchline of a stereotypical joke I won't make. Ewww, come on! I agree the graphite is no E. They couldn't even do a decent photoshop job with the bike!

Keep the E coming, Honda, before other people ruin the idea of it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Made it to the show. Overall I was impressed with what I saw. I ended up with no pictures. I was coming in from the parking area and standing on the overdeck above the statue of Joe Louis. I was leaning over the railing looking for my family. I reached into my jacket pocket for my cell phone to call and find out where they were. When I pulled out the cell phone my finger caught the strap of my digital camera. The camera flew out over the railing and fell in slow motion onto the back of Joe Louis. It flew into many pieces.

Electric Avenue. There were a lot of fun electrics and hybrids on display. The Tesla was awesome!

Compact and small cars really had center stage at this show. If you like small cars the coming years are going to be a lot of fun.
The cars that caught my attention were the Mazda2, Jetta SportwagenTDI, Jetta TDI and Ford Fiesta

At the Honda booth the Element was sitting lonely. I walked by and offered it some encouragement. Hang in there baby.

The car I would have loved to drive home. Mercedes E550. the car I realistically would have driven home. Mazda2

i

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I will be there shortly for work and will be getting lots of pictures of practically everything. I will try to post some pictures especially the Honda Acura stuff as soon as I can but if anyone wants anything else in particular they can post it up here and I will see what I can do. ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts